Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Where for cheap decking?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Anyone using anywhere cheap online or Derbyshire merchants etc? Wants to be good stuff!!

Bregante

Neighbours garden. Dead of night. Bally up. Claw hammer. Sorted.

H.T.H

Bregante

Nearly forgot. You need a bin liner for the security light.

oreetmon
    Free Member

a little known fact is that decking is SHITE, its just the latest trendy must have that the ‘designer’ type programs will have you believe is the best thing to use

come autumn/winter you will be going arse over tit every time you step out the door, if you treat it with expensive ‘anti slip paint’ it might help but you will be doing this every year at much cost

i used scaffold planks instead much, much cheaper per square yard than trendy decking and they are fire proof (BBQ) and warp proof as per building REGs they are also a lot more weather proof than trendy decking with out ‘treating’ them first

next time you go for a jolly on the continent look what they use, do you ever see BnQ decking over there,,,,, NO YOU DONT, if your looking for LONG TERM outside flooring i would go with flags or tiles,,,,, deckings trendy and not really practical.

if you really want decking, BIG ROUGH PLANKS OF whatever is what you need, plus a bit of preserve. dont bother with sickens as that is just wood preserve mixed with white spirit to help it sink into the timber and you will pay A LOT more for the company to mix this for you when you can do it yourself.

bit of research on the subject will save you a LOT of ‘new bike bits’ worth of money. 🙂

hope that helps.

sharkbait
    Free Member

We have a balcony that needed a new surface about 4 years ago. Eventually we put this stuff down and it’s fantastic – dries very quickly after rain, strong enough to withstand stilletoes, grippy when wet, comfy in bare feet and, as it just clicks together, it’s easy to lay (you could easily move it inside during the winter if you wanted).

Pogo
    Free Member

+1

a little known fact is that decking is SHITE

Go with the scaffold planks, even lollypop sticks last longer than decking! 🙂

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Yeah, but where do you get the scaffold planks from?

carlos
    Free Member

Travis Perkins do them and prob available at Fairfield Builders and most merchant supplies

Drac

Local independent timber merchants are much cheaper.

Latest designer fad? You been in a cave the last 20 years then?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Scaffold board is very expensive compared to decking!

matthewjb
    Free Member

I installed some decking at my last house. I got the boarding from Arnold Laver.

It was proper heavy duty planks. 6” x 1.5″ with a grooved tread. Slip free as long as you lay it in the right direction.

PePPeR

No one’s mentioned the rat problem yet…

My friend who runs an extermination business loves decking as it gives loads of places for the rats to run under and hide.

He then earns loads and loads of money keeping them out of the way 😉

bear-uk
    Free Member

total shite, go for the plastic stuff if you need to have it

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Don’t forget to trim around your deck. It makes it look bigger.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGMkEfuWZHM[/video]

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Where for cheap decking?’ is closed to new replies.