Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Where does my Clutch Cable attach? Scudo type 1
  • jamiesilo
    Free Member

manual says to detach it “at the level’ of the gearbox” (in french)
    not managing to follow it’s route from the cab at present
    guess i’ll have to jack it up…
    any clues?
    it’s the older model of scudo. JTD
    thanks

trail_rat
    Free Member

not familiar with the fiat version but a guess i would look behind the front bumper on the passengers side for a cable going into an arm that buggers off into the bellhousing.

It will need jacked up.

jamiesilo
    Free Member

now i’m embarrassed:
    it’s a hydraulic clutch!
    no wonder i couldn’t find it.
    pretty obvious too when you look in the cab, there is a piston…

trail_rat
    Free Member

what are you doing that you wanted the clutch cable off anyhoo ?

wwaswas

it’s a hydraulic clutch!

*sniggers*

jamiesilo
    Free Member

i’ve got a sticky clutch which my i decided was cable operated by looking at my manual, not getting underneath and woking out what’s what!

then on my previous thread, i got more convinced when you described replacing the cable trail rat!

anyway, i now need to start looking for leaks, creep test etc

trail_rat
    Free Member

haaha my bad , how ever it does seem there are varients of the 1.9 JTD that are cable. depending on age.

my mates stillo 1.9 jtd was cable but i guess most of them are scrapped by now…..i hope – the engine was the best thing about that car !

jamiesilo
    Free Member

well not entirely! mostly me achly
    anyway i seem to have found the cause of the problem. thankfully just at the pedal end where plastic bushes are super worn, allowing pedal to go squint and rub and eventually jam against plate beside it. if i can find new bushes all will be sorted.

another question tho trail rat, since you semm to know your stuff.
    looking at the hydrailc reservoir it seems to be quite full – ovet the max. i guess i should syringe this off? unless someone topped it at a garage at some point (i can’t think why) it has been like that since i bought it 5 years ago…

trail_rat
    Free Member

im a big believer in letting sleeping dogs lie when it comes to things like that .

Likely it would do no harm how ever i do know that certainly on my berlingo and my partners brake reservoirs that if you dont fill them to the absolute brim(including jacking the car up so that the filler cap is level as it doesnt sit level when its on level ground by design) the low fluid warning light will come on over bumps and sharp cornering….

jamiesilo
    Free Member

ah ok thanks. maybe someone else knew that too then
    will leave be.
    right, off to the motor factor’s to try to get these bushes.

mick_r

The older (pre-facelift Mk1) was a cable clutch – used to need replacing approx every 50,000 miles (after 1st time I carried a spare and once had to swap it on a mountainside in Italy…). It was the PSA engine in all models Fiat / Cit / Pug

The mk1 (post facelift) was a 2.0 “JTD” which (I think – not 100%) was just rebadged PSA HDI (not actually the Fiat JTD).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Where does my Clutch Cable attach? Scudo type 1’ is closed to new replies.