Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Where do you put yours (money and investments, that is)?
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

oil majors have stood me well this year both in “value” gain and dividend payouts……YTD

allthepies
    Free Member

Worth considering the Vanguard Lifestrategy funds IMO.

A strategy for life: Using Vanguard LifeStrategy funds to simplify investment

surfer
    Free Member

Last few of years looking at around 15% pa average. I am not very diversified so one fund mainly keeping that high but at risk. Pondering liquidising the lot just before the EU vote even though that would leave me an ISA problem.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Pondering liquidising the lot just before the EU vote even though that would leave me an ISA problem

Why? You can keep cash balances in most S&S Isas. If you’re tied up in, say, a Fundsmith ISA it should be possible to transfer to an ISA platform provider.

surfer
    Free Member

Yes a large part of my investments are with Fundsmith directly. I also have an III ISA fund (and SIPP) with some but a lesser amount. I just need to get around to doing a transfer.

eightyeight
    Free Member

35% ISA Stocks and shares – Vanguard 60 equity
    33% – Cash (you never know)
    5% – Alternative lending (Lending works @ 6%)
    27% – Standard life pension

I also don’t consider my home equity an investment, as the opposite debit entry wipes out the credit (debits and credits are the wrong way round for a balance sheet entry, but always think that confuses people).

Stoner
    Free Member

home equity an investment, as the opposite debit entry wipes out the credit

home “equity” is that portion of gross value NOT netted off with your mortgage.

eightyeight
    Free Member

home “equity” is that portion of gross value NOT netted off with your mortgage.

Doesn’t that mean you have to estimate the sales value of your home? People typically over-estimate this value.

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Where do you put yours (money and investments, that is)?’ is closed to new replies.