• This topic has 92 replies, 84 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by 10.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)
  • Where do you live and how did you get there?
  • singlespeedstu

😆 i wish I could still grow hair.

Alex

Born in Sheffield.
    4 years in Stafford which was ace. Wouldn't want to live there now tho.
    Basingstoke (first job). Horrible place.
    Cranleigh in Surrey. Nice place to ride bikes, fairly useless for most other stuff.
    Basingstoke again (Girl.. nothing else would have got me there)
    Stone (just outside Aylesbury.. lovely place except for the Aylesbury bit)
    Now settled near Ross on Wye (10 miles from MM) course. Kids settled, nice house or it will be when it's not a wreck, 20 acre field outside my window, Riding is FoD or Malverns then < 1hr to Wales.

Can't see us moving now. Not now I've got to the expense of grafting on the extra finger 🙂

glenp
    Free Member

Live less than a mile from where I was born, although I have lived as far as five miles away!

Very lucky to be born in Friday Street, now in Abinger Common. Has never so much as crossed my mind to move out of the Surrey Hills.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Perth, Dumfries, Hamburg, Hamelin, Perth, Dundee, Paris, London, Dundee, Kilmarnock, Glasgow, Aberdeen, London, Inverbervie, Dundee

A long way to end up 20 miles down the road.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Born in Corby, moved to BoroughBridge (N,Yorks) aged 7, moved to Somerset at 22 years old to open new business and still here.
    Would like to move a little more rural one day.

yunki
    Free Member

Born in Devon.. still in Devon.. anyone asking why obviously hasn't been to Devon..

(Did you know that you can take any song with the word Heaven in it… and replace it with the word Devon… and the song will actually make more sense..? FACT!)

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Born Stourbridge – lived there until I moved to Stafford for two years for a job – moved back to Stourbridge for another job – then lived in Claregate Wolverhampton for 9 months – then split with fiance (1) – then back to Stourbridge for a bit – now living In Dudley with my fiance (2).

Not a lot of mileage there, although I did live and work in Connecticut, USA for 12 weeks in the summer of 97.

toab
    Free Member

born Aldershot
    brought up Tetbury (Gloucestershire)
    Uni Aberystwyth
    now Reading (sort of crash landed here)

Not very exciting really

Reading seems to have a bit of a rubbish reputation but I quite like it – the rep keeps the ponces at bay, and there are plenty of proper pubs.

willard

Born in Suffolk and, apart from a stint in London at uni and then in Watford, lived there until I moved out to Cambridgeshite for work. Been here a long time now.

ourmaninthenorth

Wimbledon – Banbury – Durham – Chester – Manchester

MrNutt
    Free Member

Swindon by accident, its time to get the hell outta dodge!

enduro-aid
    Free Member

was born in cork then moved hamilton (just outside glasgow) when i was a bairn and ive lived here ever since, i commute to glasgow for work and have great hills within an hours drive

dont really see the need to leave

z1ppy

South of Brum (Parents) -> Central Brum (my own flat) -> Stourbridge (g/f's house) -> to Nr. Stourbridge (g/f's new house – I still have a house in Brum though)

Not really gone that far have I?

StumpyBlurRider
    Free Member

born in london,an will die in london

BigDummy
    Free Member

Born in Durham, studied in Bristol, went to work in London, bought a place in SW London, had to move out, rented a place in central London, got a job in Bristol, moving there in September.

Edric64
    Free Member

Would like to move a little more rural one day.

Priddy?

Edric64
    Free Member

Somerset born and bred ,bought a house in Ebbw vale in 1990 at the height of the price rises then as I couldn't afford Somerset . Quickly sold it and moved back to Somerset to rent!! Still in Somerset now

Everywhen
    Free Member

Hereford > Llandrillo > Corwen > Holyhead > Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch > Bridgend > Tregarth > York

chewkw
    Free Member

ShiteLand with many corrupted "Dear Leaders" but slightly ok 😕 -> Coventry 😉 -> Kent(Canterbury) 😛 -> Leeds 😐 -> ShiteLand to work for "multinational" shite company only short of goose-step 👿 (£20 saving/month for several yrs. That will learn me) -> Kingdom of Geordie :mrgreen: .

Will root down in GeordieLand. Wahey!

😆

theotherjonv

Sonning Common (nr Reading) -> Durham (Uni) -> Reading -> Woking -> Guildford

Looked at moving to somewhere else in the south east when kids were born but decided that even though it's very expensive the wife and I like living here. So can't see us moving unless a job forced it.

Plus my folks are still in Reading and her mother is in Addlestone so easy access for them to see the kids.

Surfmat – West Horsley 1989? You might know my cousins.

mogrim

Kew (London) -> Idaho -> Southampton -> Cairo -> Madrid -> Villalba -> Galapagar (the last two are small towns at the base of the mountains west of Madrid).

Mainly ended up here in Spain as I couldn't afford to get to Asia. Been here for 14 years now!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

The New Forest till 19 (New Milton)
    Trefforest (Wales) for Uni,
    North Somerset (Congresbury)
    Bucks (Great Hampden, Luton)
    Herts (Baldock)
    North Someret (Worle)

Live near Candodavid and, like him, I'd like to live more rural Somerset.

No plans to move out of Somerset if I can help it. Love the place.

Sidney
    Free Member

Started life in Witham (Essex)
    Six months in Finland before uni doing national service
    Liverpool for 8 years (Allerton, Wavertree, Toxteth, Dingle, Aigburth)
    Witham
    Chelmsford now living 400 metres from where I was born so I feel I've come a long way!

nickf
    Free Member

Rothbury
    Whitley Bay
    Colchester (university)
    Birmingham
    London
    Maidstone
    London
    Rickmansworth
    Watford
    Brussels
    Harefield
    Watford

I'd love to live back in the North East, but since I've now spent well over 50% of my life away, I'm in danger of looking back with rose-tinted glasses. Besides, I'd find it very hard to do the sort of job I do anywhere other than in London.

Flaperon

Offered a job in Manchester. Moved almost overnight from Devon. Like it here more.

sambob
    Free Member

Born in Macclesfield, live in Whaley Bridge and always have done.

alwyn
    Free Member

Born in Surrey, now live in Glasgow.
    Offered a job so moved, I love it here, but contract end soon so who know where I will be!

alexxx
    Free Member

Born in the Lake District / Cumbria
    Moved to Singapore for a year and a couple of long visits for fathers work when younger
    Back to Lake District
    Lancaster for 2 years pretty much for College
    Sunny Stoke on Trent for uni for 3/4 Years
    BACK TO THE LAKES NOW so I don't commit suicide in Stoke.

Loving it, but will be going travelling for a long period of time soon 😀

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Born in Leeds, then moved to…
    Stourport
    Derby
    Ambleside
    Windermere
    Liverpool (college)
    Windermere
    Crewe (college)
    Bridgenorth
    Germany
    Windermere
    Ulverston…no plans to move from here until I retire.

elaineanne
    Free Member

Aliens drafted me in to 'singletrack' land Tod Mor Den or as some would say 'Odd mor den! 😕 i woke up one morning and here i was slap bang in the middle of some of the best 'fells' 8) there is to be had….lol 😉

loddrik
    Free Member

Sidney, you seem to have lived in exactly the same areas in Liverpool as me….

CountZero

Chippenham, Wilts. Born here.

piha
    Free Member

Born Colchester
    then Auckland
    Yateley
    Berlin
    Rostock
    Luxembourg
    Moscow
    Yateley
    Dublin
    Guildford
    Might add to that list one day…..

llama

Glasgow 1 year
    Bristol 7 years
    Cairo 3 years
    Hants/sussex border, liphook and liss, 3 and 4 years
    Hatfield 4 years
    London 1 year
    Brighton 1 year
    Stockholm 6 months
    Brighton 2 years
    Bath 12 years

Bregante

Rochdale 18 yrs
    London 18 months
    Malmo 6 months
    London 2 yrs
    Rochdale 10 yrs
    South Manchester 9 years

noteeth
    Free Member

Born in BMH Munster, Germany
    Hampshire 3 years
    Somerset 15 years
    Wiltshire 1 year
    Oxford 3 years
    Bristol 5 years
    Southampton 4 and a bit years

Bristol – back soon, me babbers.

ianpinder
    Free Member

Born in leeds, moved to devon when I was 5, went to boarding school near horsham when I was 10, went to uni in bath when i was 18 spent 6 years there and now have moved to maidstone for work.

I don't feel at home in maidstone so will move, either up north, back to bath or nz or canada.

cinnamon_girl

Born in West London, lived on outskirts then moved to North Kensington. Moved out to Hampshire then Berkshire. Moved to New Alresford, Hampshire and spent a short but happy time there. Back to Berkshire and pretty much dislike it, very unsettled.

Dunno where I'm going to end up but would love to live in the Cheviots. Maybe one day …

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Andover > Sydney > Andover > Reading > Andover > Reading > Dorset seaside.

Took 20 years for the homing device to break. Hard to resist the allure and bright lights of Andover??? 😕

Hairychested
    Free Member

Born in Poland, moved to London following a GF, change GFs but stayed there for 13 years, now in Ireland. Future? Dunno, would love to be back to London but the Lottery numbers are coming up incorrectly all the time 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Where do you live and how did you get there?’ is closed to new replies.