Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Where do you end?
  • CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I refer to my car and my bike as exactly those things ‘my car’ ‘my bike’ because they are things which belong to me, they are not ‘of me’. But then i refer to ‘my arm’ even though it is ‘of me’. I still call it mine. so, what is the ‘me’ that these things belong to? or what is the ‘you’ that your things belong to?

wwaswas

my house
    my country
    my planet

it’s all mine and you lot can keep your hands off, if you don’t mind.

If I thought I had a soul I might start spouting about that. But I don’t.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

My willy.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I think of my body as an object, much like a car or a bike that I can change at will, fix when broken and talk about indifferently. I refer to other people’s bodies in the same way which (so I’m told) can be offensive.

So I guess “me” ends somewhere in my skull.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s mostly my skin where I end, apart from at the back of my head. From about my ears back, there extends behind my head a huge dark cone filled with engine rooms full of thoughts and vaults of memories all on shelves.

RealMan
    Free Member

My brain, my mind, my thoughts.

I guess I am everything that is mine, otherwise it wouldn’t be mine. Interesting question.

philconsequence
    Free Member

will you lot get back over to the stoned thread instead of waffling on in another thread here?!

sobriety
    Free Member

My brain, my mind, my thoughts.

I guess I am everything that is mine, otherwise it wouldn’t be mine. Interesting question.

I’ll raise you ‘My ex’

RealMan
    Free Member

I’ll raise you ‘My ex’

It’s still what makes you, you.

headfirst
    Free Member

Me, I am everywhere, I am omnipotent!

At least I think that’s what the doctor said, could’ve misheard him…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Where do you end?’ is closed to new replies.