Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Where do I stand on this – Faulty motorbike jacket issues again….
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

A few months ago I posted this thread

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/faulty-item-sale-of-goods-act-etc

Recently the repalcement jacket had a pocket popper come apart, which in itself isn’t a big problem, but before I’d noticed it happening the rough part of the bit of popper that was left scratched the tank on our otherwise pretty much pristine Ducati.

What do you think the retailer or Dianese the manufacturer are going to say when I tell them I want them to sort the scratches out?

Leg to stand on?

wwaswas

consequential loss? No chance.

🙁

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yeah. That’s what I thought. Mrs PP has the bit between her teeth though, and she’s not one to mess with!

wwaswas

you can try…

maybe talk to your insurance company if you have legal cover – they may take up the case on your behalf?

weeksy

I’m sure you’d get them out with a decent DAS6 polisher mate.

Where are you based ?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Well, Mrs PP is already (Seriously) talking of going straight to the MD of Dianese in the UK. She has previous in this field having once taken AmEx to the small claims court and won, including billing her own time at £25/hr or something like that.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’m sure you’d get them out with a decent DAS6 polisher mate.

Where are you based ?

What’s one of those? The undercoat is showing, FYI.

I’m Farnborough, Hants

jota180
    Free Member

Well, Mrs PP is already (Seriously) talking of going straight to the MD of Dianese in the UK

I’m not sure they have one
    Moto-Direct are the distributors

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Good info, thanks 🙂

weeksy

Take it to Altamura in Camberley, they’re experts in this sort of thing.

MrsPoddy
    Free Member

Apparently it is a long process to claim but I am determined. I rung the shop and told them I am very disappointed with the Dainese quality after all this is the 2nd jacket in the last 8 months. I have told them that I expect Dianese to sort out the scratches which were caused by the defective jacket. They want me to bring the bike so they can see the scratches so MrPP you better get it back together soon. Personally I am fed up with expensive products that are bad / shoddy quality! I hate to think how it will hold up in an accident (god forbid). Anyway MrPP it was not AMEX – they were the small claims court. I charged my time for the window replacement people who did not measure properly, I had to take 2 days holiday to get the patio window replaced! I might not have been so hard if I had not asked the guy if he was sure he had the correct measurements (woman’s instinct and all that) etc; it so happens he didn’t!
    Might take the bike to Altamura in Camberley to get a price thanks for the recommendation.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

I thought Dainese were owned by Ducati to be honest, may be wrong but that’s why I don’t buy boutique clothing. Heine Gericke, 12 months later they swapped my stuff FOC without quibble and it was dainese priced gear too

jota180
    Free Member

Personally I am fed up with expensive products that are bad / shoddy quality! I hate to think how it will hold up in an accident

Have a look at Scott Leathers if/when you need a replacement
    UK made and great quality, they’ll usually do made to measure on all their stuff too

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

so MrPP you better get it back together soon

Err, I’m on the case. Will try harder. Working away sucks for getting stuff done. 😳

Anyway MrPP it was not AMEX – they were the small claims court.

I said:

having once taken AmEx to the small claims court and won

So I was right, apart from the time bit 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Have a look at Scott Leathers if/when you need a replacement

It’s textile stuff, I don’t bother with leather any more as we do more touring that anything.
    To be fair, it’s a lovely jacket (and trousers) it fits beautifully and keeps out torrential rain with ease, but it seems to have been stitched together with a red hot needle and burning thread…. 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Where do I stand on this – Faulty motorbike jacket issues again….’ is closed to new replies.