Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Where can I get Stan's yellow rim strip and valve?
  • ononeorange

Going to give tubeless a try. My new wheel with a ZTR Flow rim has turned up, but I've now watched the Stan's videos and it seems I need some yellow tape and a valve with removable core. Any ideas where to get these from / anything else I need (apart from sealant)?

Thanks

matthew_h
    Free Member

Just Riding Along sell them both and have stock

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

BETD have everything you need. Tell 'em I sent you.

schmiken

Your LBS?

steveh

What matt said. Top people at JRA.

judderman
    Free Member

I just got me a set of those but am a little confused. Some people say use their yellow 25mm tape, other people say use their rim tape kit? which is it? or do you use one for tubeless specific tyres and one for running std tyres tubeless?

reggiegasket
    Free Member

If you need 25mm tape then this works a treat and is much cheaper than Stan (not difficult)

ebay item: 120422896983

ononeorange

Thanks everyone. Like Judderman I was horribly confused by the various kinds of type and what I actually needed.

schmiken: My LBS looked rather blank – they'd not "heard" of tubeless and told me that valves only come built into inner tubes. Which is why I use the internet…..!!

Cheers

yoshimi

CHeapest place for the strip and valve is Freeborn

Tape here
    tape

valve here
    valve

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

25mm for Flow and Arch rims, narrower tape for the rest of the ZTR range. I bought mine a couple of weeks ago and have put the yellow tape on with the Olympic valves. I've put UST Nobby Nics on and they pumped straight up with a floor pump, no faff whatsoever. Put a bit of sealant in and job done. I've not tried a standard tyre with just the rim tape, but I reckon they'll seal ok with just the rim tape.

Rim strips are only needed on non-tubeless rims. ZTR rims hold the tyre in place so well the yellow tape is all that's needed to make a seal. Plus, if you use rim strips, you might have to enlarge the valve hole on ZTR rims and you can't go back to using just tape once that happens!

My recommendation is to go the whole hog and set up your system with decent UST tyres. If you've opted for ZTR rims in the first place, make the most of the advantages they give you. Running my front tyre at 25psi!

ononeorange

Thanks Trailrider Jim. Was planning to use a Conti Speed King, don't think they do that in UST, so it's back to endless tyre discussions in my head….! (I don't get on with Schwalbe tyres – I just destroy them).

DezB
    Free Member

My recommendation is to go the whole hog and set up your system with decent UST tyres

At last, someone else speaks sense!

jsinglet

I've got none UST Blue Grooves on my Flows with just yellow tape and valves and they went up fine with just a track pump.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Where can I get Stan's yellow rim strip and valve?’ is closed to new replies.