Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Where can I get hold of cable pads to prevent cable rub…?
  • Stan_Dingup
    Free Member

Hi,

Trying to get hold of some cable/brake hose pads to prevent cable rub.

The sort of thing I'm after are the type that fit over the cable/hose rather than the type that stick to the frame. I've found the frame stick ones can start to unstick and get mud behind tghe edges and look naff pretty quickly.

I've found these Yeti ones but I'm hoping someones seen others for sale:

Tried googling but I'm not entirely sure what they're actually called!

Thanks for the help…

Stan

mk1fan
    Free Member

Cable donuts?

I'm sure Shimano do something similar in their M-Parts range. Your LBS should have their catalogue.

bigsi
    Free Member

Lizard Skins make some IIRC

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Stan_Dingup
    Free Member

Thanks guys but the Cable Donuts are the bits that go on the exposed cable to prevent it slapping the frame. What I'm looking for is to go over the cable outer and braided brake hose to prevent cable rub at the headtube.

Had a shufti through the Lizard Skins website and can only find frame protection patches.

It seems these things come as standard on a lot of off thge peg bikes but I can't seem to track them down on their own…!

bigsi
    Free Member

Yeah I've just had a look and can't find em either 😕

mistermouse
    Free Member

Jagwire used to do some like those Yeti ones pictured, dont know if they still do . I'm sure i got some from ChainReaction last time but i can't find them on their site.

bigsi
    Free Member

Jagwire do them. Just found some on the Jenson USA site
    Jagwire Cable Sleeves

Anthony
    Free Member

Doesn't all the dirt still get rubbed between the 'protector' and the frame and thus still takes all the paint off anyway?

I guess it would protect the outer cable nicely though!

fackit
    Free Member

I use glueless patches and they work fine and are invisible.

or

Use a bit of duct-tape, (if vanity isn't an issue)…

mikey.b
    Free Member

Got mine from Decathlon.

Stan_Dingup
    Free Member

Doesn't all the dirt still get rubbed between the 'protector' and the frame and thus still takes all the paint off anyway?

You would think so but my road bike has them on 2 out of 3 cables running rearwards. Not a mark on the paint where the protected 2 rub but the one without is down to bare metal. That's enough evidence for me, every new build I do from now on will have them.

Just need to find somewhere that actually stocks them!

fackit
    Free Member

@ Anthony – You definitely need them, my rear brake cable has rubbed in to the fork crown that bad that it looks like dent!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Where can I get hold of cable pads to prevent cable rub…?’ is closed to new replies.