Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Where can I find a dropout?
  • GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I need a replacement dropout/mech hanger for my Giant Trance X ’09. Does anyone know a website I could buy one from and I’d receive it quite quickly? I’m sure my local Giant Dealer could get me one but it’s quite a drive. Thanks.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Could you call them and ask them to post it to you? I presume you haven’t tried a web search?

bristolbiker
    Free Member

I think No 169 here will do you?? The price is somewhat eye-watering mind…..

http://www.mountainbikecomponents.co.uk/items.asp?CategoryID=74&Name=Giant+Dropout%2FHangers

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I did try a web search and found something on ebay but I’m not sure it’s the right one. I also found one on Winstanley bikes but they’re out of stock. Thanks Bristol. That’s the one but I won’t be paying that for it!

Will I need a special tool for replacing it or will a screwdriver fit into the back of the bolt?

EDIT- It’s ok I’ve found one at £7.99!

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Will I need a special tool for replacing it or will a screwdriver fit into the back of the bolt?

If the threads are clean/free, it may well undo ‘un-aided’, next step is a deft use of a screwdriver to resist the nut spinning (watch out for stabbing yourself when it slips on the first attempt). If that doesn’t work, chainring tool should fit.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

OK thanks. When I’ve removed my chainrings I’ve always been able to just undo the allen key bolt without the whole thing spinning as I don’t have a tool. I expect I’ll be able to find something for the hanger bolt, cheers.

iain1775
    Free Member

,…outside the college gates?

Gets coat and prepares to jump out of window

ferrit
    Free Member
    GiantJaunt
    Free Member

iain1775 – Member

Well done! I was hoping to get at least one witty comment.

Thanks Ferrit but I’ve just made a purchase from ‘Pedal on’.

bigyinn
    Free Member

BETD ones are pretty good and quick to supply when i’ve used them in the past.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Where can I find a dropout?’ is closed to new replies.