Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Where can I buy Shimano hose clamps?
  • Trail-Blazer
    Free Member

Fitted my SLX brakes the other day but the hoses are way too long. I ordered an olive and insert from CNC and attempted to shorten the front cable.

I thought the blocks would be supplied with the brakes and checked the bag AFTER I cut the hose. Needless to say, they weren't and I had a proper nightmare trying to knock the insert in. I had to hold the hose with mole grips 😳 so it looks dog rough but the hose seems have 3 layers so I doubt I've damaged it. (I used that Shimano tip where you can cut the hose without having to do a full bleed so I was stood holding the hose upright to keep fluid in the line so failure was not an option)

Anyway, I left the hose a couple of inches longer than I wanted incase I screwed up so I might have another go at the front and maybe take an inch or two off the rear but this time I will be using the correct tools. 🙄

Oh yeah, and who sells the inserts and olives for a good price as I need to order another pair?

I wonder why Shimano don't supply the kit you need to shorten your brakeset as it's kinda obvious some people would need to shorten theirs? 🙄

steve_b77
    Free Member

I'd say CRC would be a good bet.

druidh
    Free Member

I've cut hoses and whatnot without the help of the yellow blocks. If you really need them, email me and I can send you some.

Trail-Blazer
    Free Member

druidh – Member
    I've cut hoses and whatnot without the help of the yellow blocks. If you really need them, email me and I can send you some.

I think I'll have to take you up on that offer. At least with the blocks I'll have a fighting chance of getting a nice clean cut…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Where can I buy Shimano hose clamps?’ is closed to new replies.