Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Where can i buy hollow rivets in small quantities.
  • wishiwascalledsteve

Hi all,
    I have a project which requires some hollow rivets. I roughly want them 25mm long with 8mm outer diameter to 5mm inner diameter.
    Do these exist and anyone know were to but them… I’ve tried google.
    Ta

bakey

Rivets

Fill yer boots

wishiwascalledsteve

Cheers for the link.
    Couldn’t find the ones i’d need. Once the rivet is inplace, i need to be able to pass some 4mm cord through it.

bassspine
    Free Member

isn’t that more of a grommet? in which case Maplin

skidartist
    Free Member

Once the rivet is inplace, i need to be able to pass some 4mm cord through it.

Sounds more like an eyelet.

Does it need to be a rivet? Sounds like the sort of thing you could do with ‘sex bolts’ (as they were termed in my skateboarding days when they were used to attach grab rails and other dayglow plastic niknaks). Similar to chainring bolts – the nut and bolt sleeve inside each other and sit quite flush to the surface.

Whats the actual material you’re fixing these to, and do you need the rivet/grommet/eyelet to actually hold two materials together or are you looking to dress/protect the hole that the cord passes through.

If it was the latter then a couple of ’banjo shelf support sockets’ pressed into either side of your hole would achieve that. Press them through a washer to get the outer diameter you want.

wishiwascalledsteve

Cheers for all the help.
    The material it’s going in is aluminiun. It’s the shaft of an ice axe, so wont be holding bits together, just stopping the cord from rubbing on a sharp edge. Ideally i want it to go all the way through, to stop water getting into the axe.
    Cheers again

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Where can i buy hollow rivets in small quantities.’ is closed to new replies.