Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Where can I buy an air tank?
  • IA

In the uk. This sort of thing:

I know I could fashion something out of an old coke bottle and some valves, but the above seem relatively cheap in the states etc. and I’d assume a bit less explosion-prone. Can’t find one for sale in the Uk though.

For seating tubeless tyres, if it wasn’t obvious…

TheSwede
    Free Member
    IA

Hmm, 1st one quite pricey, bigger than the small ones I’ve seen I think.

2nd pick up only, not sure about an old pressure vessel, possible rust/leak issues.

3rd also big, collection only again…

I did actually look in the obvious (to me) places, but maybe someone has a better idea.

orange
    Free Member

damn! not one of these then 🙂

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11511886

sssimon
    Free Member

old fire extinguisher and go speak to the nice man at your local compressor/airtools shop

Holyzeus
    Free Member

Plenty at Matt savage, dunno if they are what your looking for though
    http://www.mattsavage.com/acatalog/Tanks.html

tracknicko
    Free Member
    meehaja
    Free Member

I’ve got some diving cylinders I could sell you for a decent price, collect in Leeds?

IA

I may go up market ghetto – what pressure does that hold, not sure I’d risk more than 40-50 in it before getting scared? Enough to seat a tyre?

Leeds is a bit of a mission I’m afraid.

brokensoul
    Free Member

What are you intending to pressurise it with?
    It’ll take a while with a track pump, I’d have thought.
    How about using a 5m long 1/2″ hose as your reciever? You’d need a stop valve on one end with a line to your tyre valve, and your track pump connected to the other end.

deepo
    Free Member

Not sure home much pressure ghetto will take but it does have a pressure release safety valve. I’ll see how many pumps of the handle it takes to pop out and work back from there.

wwaswas

I can’t see why someone hasn’t worked out a way of doing it with mains water pressure.

IA

Hose might work, but is only about 1.5 x the volume of a 29er tyre, with some rough maths.

Well, if it has a safety valve, it must be safe. Sorted 😉

Does it work well for you? Volume wise it’s about 2 tyres, so should provide a good flow to seat a tyre I’d think?

Gribs

It’s more than likely you own something suitable already. You don’t really need that much pressure to seat a tyre, just lots of volume so a car tyre at about 35-40psi works perfectly.

brokensoul
    Free Member

I don’t use a hose, its just a thought. If the calcs don’t work out with 5m, use 10m, or 3/4″ hose.
    It’ll be a balance between pumping for too long and not getting a tyre to seat. Probably best to have 1.5 tyre’s worth of air in your reciever, though. You won’t want to pressurise a 2 tyre reciever, when you come to just seat one tyre.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Where can I buy an air tank?’ is closed to new replies.