Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Where are you and are you currently having a winter?
  • faustus

West Berkshire

Winter – pretty much. It’s dark a lot, and we had a cold snap a while ago, not huge amounts of rain, but around historical average according to Reading Uni and EA data. Trails have been OK, but been doing drop bar dullness for a couple of weeks so not sure how they are right now.

pictonroad

South Downs/South Coast.

No, but Autumn runs in December here now, still got Pelargoniums flowering in the garden. The usually boggy woods are boggy but it’s still pretty mild.

We had one night of frost 3 weeks ago. It has been very dry, i will look up the stats when I turn the computer on.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Midlands. A few cold days and hard frosts a couple of weeks ago but pretty mild at the moment. Dry though which is something!

Andy-R

Isle of Man – just the usual dismal, grey, dampness and due to get wetter by the weekend.
    So all pretty normal then.

I came back all enthused after a summer of riding nice dry, dusty, rocky stuff in Greece – now I’m all unenthused and can’t be bothered even considering riding anything but my old singlespeed.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Cardiff – Yes, it’s late December in the Northern Hemisphere, so I am “having a Winter”.

scotroutes

scotroutes – Member
    Aviemore. Ask again in 48hrs.

It only took 24.

Snow gates closed at Glenshee. Accident on A9 resulting in a 60-mile diversion. Gritters out. Ice and snow in the garden.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Snow gates closed at Glenshee

Its pretty pathetic how little effort they put into keeping that road open given the complete lack of alternatives.

scandal42
    Free Member

Leicestershire

A good frost this morning but I live in a strange microclimate

iainc

Glasgow, pishin down, pitch black, windy, yep, winter

hot_fiat

Sunderland – nope, its cold and windy, but not winter.

I’m working “in” helsinki at present. Seems pretty miserable over there: damp, cold, but not wintery really.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Frosty again in the Midlands this morning and first encounters with black ice on the bike this winter

oldbloke
    Free Member

Edinburgh
    Winter – it is thinking about it. Long trousers have just replaced shorts. Although I drove down from the NW last night through the snow & not surprised at the A9 being shut by an accident.

tiim
    Free Member

Blantyre, Malawi.

High 20s and thunder storms followed by low 30s and clear skies to make it all humid.
    Don’t really refer to summer and winter as much as wet and dry here (Dry being April-November this year, zero rain). Good for crops (Maize) and future electricity supply (Hydro power) bad for people ht by lightening or with houses washed away. A good to average year according to locals.

downhilldave

Velez-Blanco. Spain. Not winter yet. Cold at night but nice and sunny today. Can see snow in the distance (Maria) Better than last weeks rain, over eight inches in one night 😯

hammyuk
    Free Member

Aviemore at 1.15pm

Yetiman
    Free Member

Aye, thank god I had the winter tyres on the car. Now back near Aberdeen and its 3degC and clear.

Been a pretty typical start to winter so far. A couple of weeks of cold dry weather, with hard frosty trails which was ace, followed by a couple of weeks of single figure temps around 7-8 degrees. Trails are still riding well which is good.

leffeboy

On mobile it drops the word ‘winter’ off of the thread title. I am very disappoint 🙁

Klunk
    Free Member

walked to the pub today, 12 degrees out and was not expecting it, had to strip off and remove my base layer and shove it in my pocket. Saw 3 girls out walking their dog in t-shirts with cut out shoulders, so so mild and the sun wasn’t even out 🙂

P-Jay
    Free Member

9c at Cwmcarn today, will be 10c tomorrow. Moscow is -24c, its -9c in my mates place in Bulgaria, sod either of that.

We’re still ‘having a winter’, but we gained 1m 42s of extra daylight today 🙂 4 weeks till it’s still daylight coming home from work – might get a smile out of me then.

bikebouy
    Free Member

10C and no wind at all! Bit of fog, slight drizzle early on but that’s it. Been like that last few days, even the coldest day last week was 6C.
    Been surfing without boots!!

Klunk
    Free Member

yep very still today, eerily so, almost muggy 😕

metalheart
    Free Member

Bivied out last night with my two season sleeping bag.

It was 4 degrees C going over Glenshee yesterday…

So, no, not winter in (NE) Scotland currently.

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Where are you and are you currently having a winter?’ is closed to new replies.