Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Where are we with waterproof 3/4 shorts/trousers ?
  • bruneep

After todays soaktastic ride, I’m looking for waterproof 3/4 shorts or trousers.

I have an old pair of Gore shorts but I dont like the cut of the waist.

Whats good to look at?

B

cinnamon_girl

I have an old pair of Gore shorts but I dont like the cut of the waist.

Buy a bigger size. 😉

Edit: iirc the Scott ones get excellent reviews.

Northwind

Altura Attacks work well for me. I’ve killed one pair (out of 3) with 2 years use, including some hefty crashes. Very good kit.

yoshimi

I have Endura Venturi and Altura Semi-Dry – still get a wet chamois (maybe its sweat 😳 II)

GrahamS

Just bought some 3/4 Roubiax bib tights for my commute over winter. 😳

I’ll look like a fat roadie gimp, but at least if it rains then I’ll get wet but stay warm.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-vaeon-roubaix-padded-34-bib-tight/

trail_rat
    Free Member

one of the lads had on the mt500 short last weekend bruce.

it looked to be semi baggy but made of the material that stealths are made of

no doubt spendy but looked better than my aldi trousers :d

bruneep

Buy a bigger size

cheeky biatch 😉

but its not the waist size its seems to sit low down.

Will look at the Altura Attacks seen a few favorable reviews for them.

40mpg

I’ve go the Madison ones and they’re absolute rubbish. Not in the least bit waterproof after a few washed despite using the proper stuff.

Also teh hem rubbed all the skin off the top of my knees when they were saturated! And the stretchy bum panel, where you get most spray, was the least waterproof bit! Leave well alone.

I’ve got some £10 waterproof trousers which I’ll cut down to 3/4 length and see how they work this winter 🙂

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

Endura Superlite Shorts. Mine are 3/4 years old and still completely waterproof, as tested on a very damp ride on Saturday. Good fit, waterproof zips, stretchy back panel. Will go over baggies or can be used on their own with a padded liner.

MrGreedy

I’m a fan of the MT500 Spray baggies (3/4s also available). They’re not fully waterproof, it’s just the arse and back of the legs, but that’s where the muddy crap is getting sprayed at you.

spacemonkey

I’ll get wet but stay warm.

No need to go out in the sh1tty weather to achieve that … just stay at home and pi55 yourself 🙂

mcboo
    Free Member

Buy a pair of army surplus goretex trousers for £5 online. They’re designed to go over combats so get them small. Cut them down yourself or get a sewing shop to do them all nice and neat. I dont really think you need anything else.

kimbers

what mcboo said

you cant really go wrong

randomjeremy
    Free Member

I bought a pair of the venturi 3/4 waterproofs a few years back – they did everything brilliantly except keep me dry and comfortable, and the cut meant they kept getting stuck on my kneepads. Total crap. I now tell my arse to MTFU and just wear normal shorts.

dizcostix
    Free Member

where are these links to £5 trousers???

matt1986
    Free Member

Altura Attacks work well for me. I’ve killed one pair (out of 3) with 2 years use, including some hefty crashes. Very good kit.

Agree the altura attack well worth the money

sweepy
    Free Member

Aye, £5 my (soggy) arse, mine were £18

Good tho

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Where are we with waterproof 3/4 shorts/trousers ?’ is closed to new replies.