Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Where are the b+ wheels
  • mrhoppy

I fancy trying a b+ in the back of my stooge but don’t seem to be able to find any outside of fairly expensive custom builds. With b+ bikes starting to come in at sensible prices now I thought there might be some around but so far I’ve not had any success except the alpkit ones but they are only available as front and rear together.

Anyone know where I might find a 135mm qr b+ wheel off the shelf?

And yes I know I shouldn’t expect my niche whore tendencies to come cheap.

jam-bo

alpkit are 25% off making them £150 for a pair.

buy a pair and sell the front?

mrhoppy

That’s where I’m heading at the moment.

STATO
    Free Member

I think HALO are the only ones supplying +wheels to shops at the moment. £300 pair though. Not sure how their rims compare to Alpkit.

hatter

Plenty of decent plus rims out there if you can get a 135mm rear hub.

The new DT spline 1’s come in plus and whilst they’re lovely and much lighter than the Love Muds they’re not exactly cheap.

mrhoppy

Plenty of decent plus rims out there if you can get a 135mm rear hub.

Problem is they aren’t cheap, even the pog rims are £55 which once you’ve built them up means I could pretty much have bought the alpkits anyway. I was thinking there might be something off the shelf seeing as plus bikes can be had for under £1k now.

faustus

You can get Halo vapour 35 wheels individually from triton and tredz, £180 for a rear wheel, but they look a reasonable weight.

treklee
    Free Member

Will the alpkit front hub be able to be converted to 20mm?

mrhoppy

It says qr or 15mm.

Northwind

Pretty b-curious myself, I think I’d go down the used-26er-wheels-with-nice-hubs route, weirdly it’s cheaper to buy a complete unfashionable wheel than to buy used hubs alone, and the nicer the parts the harder the depreciation. Then build with the spokes and rims of your choice (everyone has their own opinions about width…) It won’t be alpkit cheap, but they should weigh less, and way cheaper than most other options

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Where are the b+ wheels’ is closed to new replies.