Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 159 total)
  • When's this 'new' forum coming.?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Is it real, rumour or myth?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

All three.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’ll eat my hat if it comes this year.

Of course, I’ll have to go and get it from the parcel shelf of the car first.

Drac

We can’t do that DD would lose his favourite joke from the last decade.

scotroutes

😆

Drac

😀

MrNice
    Free Member

I thought this was the new forum 😕

Edit: or was that the “joke”?

maxtorque

Is the “New” forum also bringing some new members? I think the old ones are worn out……… 😛

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You bastards! Everybody makes that joke!! 😀

JoeG
    Free Member

They added a share button a while back and those little hieroglyphics things in the upper right appeared recently. Any more changes and no one will recognize the place 😡

aracer
    Free Member

2007?

igm

Don’t we need a hack to get a new forum?

IHN

Delivery of the new forum is one of Jeremy Corbyn’s promises should he become Prime Minister

igm

IHN – surely it was part of Gideon’s northern powerhouse promise?

IHN

IHN – surely it was part of Gideon’s northern powerhouse promise?

Yeah, but no-one believed that was ever going to happen, whilst Jeremy Corbyn is definately going to be the next Prime Minister.

righog
    Free Member

This crops up from time to time, could someone humour me by letting me know what is wrong with the forum how it is atm.

…….and if possible point me in the direction of a better laid out forum ? as this is the only one I have seen that I can be bothered with.

All the others I have seen look like a complete mess, with box after box quoting and dirty great bits of text at the end of every post saying how the poster really does not give a shit and then lists all their cars/watches/dogs/dinky toys/trousers/novelty cup etc etc usually with a smiley raising a glass of beer or smashing something with a hammer.

Genuine question what needs fixing ?

TheBrick
    Free Member

Too true.

Loads of sub forums, multi quote madness, whitty signatures. All up agaisnt the wall now. The only issues I have with this forum it I don’t have online photo hosting account (well an old flikr account but it only allowd a small number of phtots and it not something I need enough to pay x per month).

nemesis
    Free Member

Is iOS doing flash yet (well if we’re on the topic of DD’s fave jokes…)?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

*reports Drac, Druidh and nemesis for bullying* 😀

nemesis
    Free Member

* reports DD for being wet * 😉

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

*reports self and then

CARRIER SIGNAL LOST

Cougar

This crops up from time to time, could someone humour me by letting me know what is wrong with the forum how it is atm.

Last I heard was that STW was going to be moved across to the Grit.CX forum software. That was mentioned publicly a little while ago, which may be why people ask occasionally.

I’ve not heard anything further ‘behind the scenes’ than is common knowledge on here, we’re not privy to those discussions. So whether the new forum is due to arrive tomorrow / 2017 / ever I simply don’t know.

bikebouy
    Free Member

The grit.cx forum looks and acts ok IMO.

I like this one though so don’t really see the need for any changes.

I’m not in control however so, as you were. 😀

nemesis
    Free Member

Slightly OT then but I do think that STW/Grit.CX are missing a trick keeping the forums separate. By my reckoning they could skin them differently to retain the two sites but just add a CX forum which would be the primary Grit.CX one.

I’d post more in the Grit.CX one (I’m a subscriber to that too) but there’s such a low number of posters compared to here that I’d just post here by default.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I just opened the grit forum and a big piece of tumbleweed fell out of my monitor.

nemesis
    Free Member

😆 exactly. Not sure if it’ll work on iOS either given its use of flash…

Drac

iOS has a new forum as it doesn’t use Flash.

Edukator
    Free Member

It ain’t broke, please don’… .

Cougar

Slightly OT then but I do think that STW/Grit.CX are missing a trick keeping the forums separate.

Personally I don’t see the point of having a ‘Chat’ forum over there either, beyond branding, unless the whole point is to create a distinct community (which I could understand given the nature of this forum!). Maybe having Bike (Grit) / Bike (STW) / Chat forums would work, under a catch-all GoFar header? Who knows.

But as I said earlier, it’s ultimately a business decision so it’s kind of a moot discussion. I expect the Powers That Be have a road map and know what they’re doing.

righog
    Free Member

Thanks for the info Cougar 🙂

Nothing to see here ( Grit CX )

aracer
    Free Member

Looking at the traffic levels, I reckon you’re more likely to get a useful answer here to a question which is completely on topic for there – and if I did have a very CX specific question I know where I’d post it. Presumably there are business reasons though.

DickBarton

Unsure…however last update that I’m aware of had Mark promising to eat his shorts if something did or didn’t happen…the criteria was met but the shorts weren’t eaten. I think the update was postponed and meant the go live was missed.

v666ern
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator

Last I heard was that STW was going to be moved across to the Grit.CX forum software. That was mentioned publicly a little while ago, which may be why people ask occasionally.

I’ve not heard anything further ‘behind the scenes’ than is common knowledge on here, we’re not privy to those discussions. So whether the new forum is due to arrive tomorrow / 2017 / ever I simply don’t know.

Pah a likely story, you work for the MAN you would say that
    I say you know more >walks off to find torture devices :mrgreen:

Cougar

I don’t work for the MAN, rather I merely volunteer my services.

v666ern
    Free Member

*whispers*
    you are the man 😯

dragon
    Free Member

Grit is a bit weird the forum is empty and the articles on the website seem to lack a theme or direction, so seemed aimed at the Yanks some at the UK. Who is it trying to appeal too?

The review of the Pinnacle Arkrose is likewise a bit of mess. Its hard to read with numbers thrown in all over the place, no narrative and no proper conclusion.

Personally I don’t see the point of having a ‘Chat’ forum over there either, beyond branding, unless the whole point is to create a distinct community (which I could understand given the nature of this forum!). Maybe having Bike (Grit) / Bike (STW) / Chat forums would work, under a catch-all GoFar header? Who knows.

+1 I think this is a much better idea.

nemesis
    Free Member

I’ll tailor that a little. STW and G.CX retain their own skin/themes but the forums are shared:

– STW – bike, CX and chat forums (plus wtd and FS)
    – G.CX – CX and chat forums (plus wtd and FS)

Job done. Given the number of threads on here about CX, it’d mean that G.CX would get an immediate and healthy community going (and maybe even increase readership at the same time). If in the long term, the powers that be (sorry, THE MAN) felt that G.CX was then ready to go it alone, the CX forum could be taken out of STW to give G.CX its independence. That for me would be getting some ‘synergistic benefits’ 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Doesn’t that risk ringfencing the unicorn?

nemesis
    Free Member

Blue sky thinking always has risks but this seems to me like low hanging fruit 😉

aracer
    Free Member

Ah, so a CX forum on here as well as the normal ones. Wouldn’t it be a good idea to extend that idea and also have a road forum – maybe even separate beginners, tech, health and fitness etc. forums? 😈

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 159 total)

The topic ‘When's this 'new' forum coming.?’ is closed to new replies.