Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • When're you allowed to go down to Mayhem and pitch your site?
  • Daffy

Is Thursday Morning too early?

I'd have to pitch and then leave for a meeting and then come back in the evening.

Is this okay, or is it like putting your towel down?

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Why would you want to? Why not just turn up thursday evening & pitch your tent then?
    We're going down friday lunch time & there won't be any shortage of space.
    Just really don't get it, sorry!

neil853
    Free Member

Its like putting your towl down, its says friday which is when i will get there for.

rOcKeTdOg

Mine is there already, early gets the best 😉

fatboyslo
    Free Member

Going down Thursday and staying put till Monday 🙂

Website says Thursday is Ok so Thursday it'll be 🙂 🙂

brakeswithface

+1 for like putting your towel down.

titusrider
    Free Member

I think someone should go down thursday night and pee on all the tents that have been put up, bloody germans!

uplink
    Free Member

Is there some particular bad camping spots or very good spots or even a shortage?

Pitch your tent any time you want as far as I care, I can't see how it'll impact on anyone else

Pieface

Its so people can mark out a football pitch for their 3 tents

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

+1 for towel downers.

Fine if you want to come down and camp from thursday for a longer weekend, but to tape out your area just cos you live local kind of sucks for people who travel a long way on a friday night only to see huge swathes of the campsite taped off but with no tents on them – bad form really innit?

The thing that really annoys me is people taping out MASSIVE areas for just a couple of tents and then not arriving till saturday morning.

If I were Pat I'd be getting someone to pull up taped out/staked out areas that pop up on thursday/friday

We'll be up tomorrow night for a bit of a reunion and camping fun and I can't wait!

uplink
    Free Member

If I were Pat I'd be getting someone to pull up taped out/staked out areas

Can't you just take the tape down yourself?
    If there's no tent there – it's fair game IMO

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

uplink – Member
    If I were Pat I'd be getting someone to pull up taped out/staked out areas
    Can't you just take the tape down yourself?
    If there's no tent there – it's fair game IMO

I definately saw some taped out areas shrink considerably over the two days leading up to MM!

DaveGr
    Free Member

What's the etiquette in squatting in someones tent if they've pitched it and then gone home?

brakeswithface

Quite tempted to pull some tape down this year, it really is ridiculous.

cookeaa

We have one rather keen team member arriving Thursday and staying till Monday, he’s volunteered to take all the teams tents and pitch them Thursday for us so that the team is all together, I’ll be there Friday the other two have said Saturday morning…

Rather than taping out we'd actually have the tents put up, Is that still poor form or simply being efficient?

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

Cookeaa:

Fair enough I'd say – if you see a tent, at least it's pitched and not someone whos run round with a tape for 5 minutes.

The thing that bugs me is people bagging tennis court sized bits of land for three tents, and then not usuing them.

rkk01
    Free Member

At least one of our team will be there fri am to pitch – but other team members prob wont arrive until Sat am due to work commitments…
    … and there's the problem. Previous years it's always been bloody dificult getting a space to pitch the whole team (including latecomers0 in one place.

Tape or no tape, peeps need to leave sufficient space

aP
    Free Member

The last time we went there was a space about the size of a football pitch with about 6 tents in it. Apparently they needed that space because some one was going to bring a frisbee.
    One of the reasons why I can't see me ever going to MM again.

cookeaa

OK then I shall tell him to proceed with his plan but maybe suggest he leaves that marquee at home…

Houns

I'll be heading down tomorrow, i will be marking a big area out as there will be approx 12 tents, various gazebos, cars and vans. Most of our lot will be heading there on the Friday so Thursday evening there will only be a couple of tents up. It may look like i'm taking the mick, but by Friday evening the area will be full up

The most ridiculous thing i ever saw was a team that created their own 'driveway' into their huge area!

uplink
    Free Member

The most ridiculous thing i ever saw was a team that created their own 'driveway' into their huge area!

Team Pikey?

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

What's the etiquette in squatting in someones tent if they've pitched it and then gone home?

depends whether by 'squatting' you mean curling one down in the middle of the floor?

brakeswithface

I imagine the etiquette in that case is to do it in the porch, not on the groundsheet.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘When're you allowed to go down to Mayhem and pitch your site?’ is closed to new replies.