Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • when was the last time you went OUT on a Friday night?
  • jimmy

I can’t remember myself, I used to panic if I couldn’t go out for a Friday night but now its the last thing on my mind. I don’t know when the change happened, but it always surprises me strolling home late on a Friday and people are out on the sauce.

And I mean out out.

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

I had a bit of night out a week or two ago….only sposed to be a Indian and a social few….turned into cocktails/nightclubs/taxis/chips/£140 spent later…was a top night tho what I can remember….at one point a guy walked into this very cool bar in Edinburgh with a lobster pot?! Ace…..hurt the next day tho…

jimmy

Impromptus are the best. Real shame they can’t be planned.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

How much were the chips? Last time I was out on a Friday night was in another life. Two weeks ago I went out on my bike on the Friday night, does that count. If you want a night out Jim you can come to ours. And babysit.

hjghg5
    Free Member

I was meant to be going out tonight, would have been the first time in quite a while.

Someone cancelled and I’m on the sofa with wine again…

Haze

Two weeks ago, I was driving 🙁

glupton1976
    Free Member

Last time I went out on the sauce on a Friday night was probably 6 years ago.

This is made up for by other nights of the week I hasten to add. I’m not that sad.

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

No idea…very little idea of the cost of things when in the “zone” all the rounds seemed to be £15ish….cocktails innit

alexpalacefan

I went out for a run this evening. Does that count?

APF

stanfree
    Free Member

Apart from very infrequent gigs , I haven’t been ‘Out , out’ on a Friday in years. Even then It was probably for about 8 pints at the Ship Inn in Mussleburgh. 🙁

When I have been in a pub recently I’ve thought the next day ‘Bloody hell I could have bought a decent cassette and chain for what I spent’.

Life in the bus lane.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Why pay over the odds and mix with tossers? My bar is way cheaper and I don’t have to queue. Loved pub bing it when I was young though. The thought of not going out and missing something!

porter_jamie

cannot remember. years and years.

yunki
    Free Member

I wet my first son’s head about 3 years ago… but even that was done with a bit of decorum..
    Haven’t been brain out, out, since my other half fell pregnant with him..
    The pub and late night town was my life and my family for many many years before that, my soul was kept thoroughly lubricated at all times, and the answer to everything imaginable was a resounding YES!..

I managed to get myself out to a regular folk night last night though, which is a toe into the water, and a step back in the right direction..

somafunk

Must be at least 5 odd years since i planned a “friday” night out or went to a club night at the very least?, now it’s a case of getting the cdj2000’s/lasers/smoke machine/function 1 sound system set up in someones house or barn for a session, don’t like pubs or alcohol in the slightest…apart from champagne that is, much prefer round at a house party where you can do what you like, where you like, when you like without the possibility of police intervention or drunken lager arseholes spoiling the atmosphere, and anyway…..everywhere plays shite music imho 😉

I guess we just don’t like the general public but hey-ho, we’ve all mostly recently hit 40 or over so i guess we are all past the going out to pubs age.

john_drummer
    Free Member

2010ish to a gig at a venue my band was about to play at a couple of weeks later. not counting our gig itself, as that’s not ‘out’, it’s ‘work’ of sorts

wot derek said.

iainc

a long time ago, I have been replaced by my daughter who is out every Friday Night …. 🙄

labsey
    Free Member

I went to the pub last Friday. Does that count?

matt_outandabout

I walked down the village for bread and milk earlier, does that count?

druidh
    Free Member

Two weeks ago at the Fatbike meeting in Yorkshire 🙂

ourmaninthenorth

Tonight. I worked at home this afternoon. At 5pm my daughter anounced “I want chips. I want to go to the pub.” So we went.

She’s two.

druidh
    Free Member

If she’s buying, what are you waiting for?

Stu_N

Had a couple after work last Friday, but that was unusual. Usually Thursday is beverage evening.

Friday is long way home on bike or gym – then pizza, wine and DVDs.

You should ask this Friday afternoon when all the young ‘uns or cool kids are looking forward to their evening.

Bregante

Thursday’s are the new Fridays anyway….

jimmy

Thirsty Thursday? Now you’re talking!

brakes
    Free Member

where better to recover from a hangover than at work on a Friday being paid for it.
    yeah! stick it to the man.

Hohum
    Free Member

The last time our work’s Christmas meal was on a Friday.

I can’t remember when that was.

Oh well….

I have become a hermit :shrugglesshoulders:

doh
    Free Member

Does going on an Internet date then sitting in a dive bar by yourself after the date went home count. Having a great time they have a nice ipa on draught btw:)

Dan67
    Free Member

Last Friday. Went round a friends for a few drinks then went into town. One thing led to another some one bought us a Jaeger bomb and tequila slammer each and the rest became hazey.
    Woke up Saturday feeling shit sicky hangover all day pretty much. Hate those kinda nights out

LMT
    Free Member

I work every friday evening till half 10 so not going out for me!

Last weekend. An Oktoberfest thing where the ticket covered your drinks. Wife and I got a hotel downtown so one of us didn’t have to drive home.

I got trashed vomited red wine and jager coloured and generally embarrassed myself.
    I can’t handle it anymore apparently. Have been warned about controlling myself at her friends wedding next week too. 🙁

CountZero

Tonight.

Cougar

When I have been in a pub recently I’ve thought the next day ‘Bloody hell I could have bought a decent cassette

I used to think that a lot in the 80s. Then I got a CD player.

shooterman

Tonight and it feels brilliant! 7 pints of guiness, 4 shorts later.

I live in NI and I’ve just spent the night in a mixed bar and was never made to feel more part of a community! Big love going on. Love, love, love going on.

spacemonkey

Up until mid 2001 I was giving it large pretty much every night – it’s just that the weekends were larger. Things changed overnight when I suddenly settled down and saw life from a different perspective. We split in 04/05 and I had a few nights out but it wasn’t the same, except for the sessions in London – they were mental. Met my current good lady and that was that knocked on the head.

Life evolves … if you’re fortunate and work at it.

andeh

I live in Doncaster so, um, never!

I’ve not been out properly since uni :/

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Every Friday night I go out with mates.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

sad sacks on here– i used to have a life but i’m ok now

wtf– youth is wasted on the young.

weeksy

Years and years ago. I think it was at least 10.

It’s been a year since i went out for a beer with the lads.

stufive
    Free Member

About 4 years ago when we had our daughter 🙁

MrBlond
    Free Member

Last night 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘when was the last time you went OUT on a Friday night?’ is closed to new replies.