Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • When was the last time you had a fight..?
  • GlitterGary
    Free Member

Mine was certainly true. Possibly.

BoardinBob

Coffeking

Closest I’ve come is in a bar in Sauchihall street where 3 guys were getting overly rowdy/bouncy and came wading through our group accidentally elbowing someone in the face. They were given a polite warning, on second occurence they were returned to their original side of the room with some help. On third occurence one of them was knocked on his arse with a shove and the bouncers removed them all, still not sure why they chose to be idiotic with a ground with 3 6ft2+ big chaps in it but calm was kept.

Your first mistake there was going anywhere near Sauchiehall Street

DezB
    Free Member

Ok stories eh?
    Not the last one, but when I was about 15/16 me and my chubby little brother were walking back from the train station after a sesh at Southsea skatepark. We decided to stop for fish n chips and as we went in the chippy 6 lads of various sizes surrounded us, we pushed through into the shop. Leaving the shop they surrounded us again. I swung my skateboard in a big arc nah, they pushed a bit and luckily a bloke getting in his car shouted “Takes 6 of you does it?” and they backed off and we made our way home.
    As we rounded the corner (after avoiding the alley way route!) some of them came after us and started having a go, I grabbed one and dragged him into the road, saw a car coming and threw him in front of it (I don’t think it hit him, unfortunately). All the while I remember shouting “Just F OFF!” over and over. Then we ran!
    Up the road was another chippie, where my big bro and all his mates used to hang out (this was Leigh Park after all). His mates were there but bro wasn’t and they wouldn’t come and sort them out. So we went home.. 🙁
    Younger brother could now probably take them all in one go but he was only about 10 then!

mooman
    Free Member

Which are true or false??

Hmmm …

My favourites are the long winded ones. The ones that follow the pattern of being a victim of a bully .. then the great story of smashing the bully … or group of bullies as also seems a firm favourite!
    And of course ending with the wise words of wisdom denouncing violence or saying they were saddened by their violent retaliation …
    Oh yes. Some real pearlers amongst them.

True ones though?
    The guy who had a straightener with the wheelie bin ?

mooman
    Free Member

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

1978, but it was less a fight, more being punched in the face apropos of nothing. If it hadn’t been in school it would probably have been called a mugging.

catfood
    Free Member

I was at a party about 15 years ago, and the bathroom was being used (drugs I think), so every one was peeing in the garden. I spotted one of the lads from the rugby club crowd peering over the fence watching my girlfriend have a pee, so I told him off a bit. Next thing Im up against a fence with him trying his level best to kill me, fortunately he couldn`t fight for toffee.

squiff
    Free Member

Nearly last night when that F**ker knocked me off my bike :evil:.

see WHAM BANG BROKEN BIKE post

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Last ‘fight’?

Not much really, got hit by a pikey type driving a white flatbed transit when commuting to work about 3yrs ago. Pillock knocked me off & then claimed i’d ridden into his van.
    We had words and he got out of his cab, big bloke & i’m only little. Picked up my bike to use as a weapon, he backed off so i put it down whereupon he ran over & kicked it!
    Called him a pikey scrote or something similar & he ran over & threw a punch. To be honest i thought it was all going to end rather badly at that point but amazingly his punch was really easily parried by me putting my arm up and directing it away.
    Thought about retaliating for a split second but common sense intervened and i told him i was calling the police.
    As soon as i mentioned the word ‘police’ the girl in the cab screamed at him to get back in, so he did & drove off.
    Had some witnesses, made several statements to the police etc even looked at mugshots but nowt was done. They know who he is cos i had his reg No & Co name from his van.
    Seen him a few times since, last time i just laughed at him as i walked past, puzzled him cos he didn’t have a clue who i was 🙂

McHamish
    Free Member

My story was true…you’ve never been to band camp. You don’t know, man. You don’t know what it was like.

Every year I got involved in a fight with someone from band camp…usually from a visiting band troupe.

It was in 2001 that I fought the lead flute player, and lost the decision, then in 2002 I fought him again but this time I won. We both knocked each other out in the 15th round, but I was the only one to get up. I was finally crowned Bandcamp Champion of the Wold. (Bandcamp was held in the Cotswolds)

I faced one of my toughest tests in 2003 when I ended up in a fight with a visiting cellist from A team from America. He was saying some mean things about me and I let that get to my head. But disaster struck and my long term trainer had a heart attack just before the fight, my heart just wasn’t in it and I got knocked out in the second round. My trainer died shortly after the fight, and I thought I had lost everything. But my old nemises, the lead flute player offered to train me to beat this visiting cellist, which I did in the rematch knocking him out in the third round. The lead flute player became a close personal friend, and we ended up sparring together for old times sake.

Here’s a picture of me and the lead flute player celebrating after I beat him in a race…

slimtubing
    Free Member

never been in a fight since about primary 4. got punched twice over the years but seem to avoid most instances where brawls occur. Don’t really go out to pub or clubs and am so charming and affable that if i do go out I usually have an embarrasment of drinks and goodwill thrust upon me.
    Still i’m quite a big built strong lad so i’ll take on any of you Fookers anytime you like!

mooman
    Free Member

McHamish – you got me convinced fella.
    Sure I saw the news report – can ‘t remember if it was Sky News or BBC?? Def saw it on the telly somewhere though.
    Your seriously hard. Bet all the girls love you also. I bet not even Chuck Norris would mess with you if you looked in a mood.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Don’t mess with a man and his flute 😆 😆

mooman
    Free Member

this thread is even funnier with half a bottle of Jack Daniels down you.

You really get to appreciate the desperation and imagination that some people have contributed.

Points given to those that can add fire arms/dangerous dogs/skin heads to their stories … Double bonus points for aliens or zombies ….. I love zombies..

Def extra points for zombies …

Don ‘t forget how you regretted killing the alien/zombie. The human touch is so necessary to finish on ..

Kevevs
    Free Member

I did batter that wheelie bin though. C*** had it coming.

donsimon
    Free Member

Points given to those that can add fire arms/dangerous dogs/skin heads to their stories

I’ve got a Nº1 all over, a Staffie and you forgot the tattoos…. 🙄

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Longer ago than my appearance would suggest :oops:. Best part of 20 years ago i’d have thought (and that was more Audley Harrison than Mike Tyson).

duckman

Does playing rugby count,if so…..2007

This Sod had put his fingers in my eyes just prior to this.This is the smiley picture he put on his club website,the one he included in the citing hearing for the SRU did not have a smile.12 week ban,and self imposed retirement.

khani
    Free Member

I had a nasty tussle with a poodle this morning
    They don’t like getting up early……..

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Wunundred! 😀

What a funny thread. Loving some of the bullshit ‘I’ve never had a fight until this one time someone did something bad to me and I battered them’ type responses. Lots of frustrated wannabes trying to impress (is it ever any different on here?).

Joolsburger’s account shows the reality of where violence can lead. It don’t matter how big and butch you are; some evil sod can stick you without warning. You simply don’t know what they are capable of.

Most fights are just two idiots having a square do. Rarely are fights about self-defence, or ‘honour’, or any other romantic notions.

This thread proves that many people on STW are all mouth and no trousers. Not a great surprise I must say….

Apart from Kevevs. If I was a wheelie bin, I’d be very, very afraid…. 😯

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘When was the last time you had a fight..?’ is closed to new replies.