Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • When was the last time we saw this on STW?
  • eldridge
    Free Member

closed] Yossi you beaaaaaauty!

“Closed” I’ve never seen it before! What can it mean? What dreadful topics might have been discussed? What are we being protected against?

uplink
    Free Member

Have a read of the 2nd last post

eldridge
    Free Member

Ahah! Sorry – I sort of missed that bit

Yes I can see that if you want to keep the nutters at bay, you’ve got to close the whole thread

Apologies

vinnyeh

I don’t see why the whole thread doesn’t get deleted- some of lanesra’s comments have now been ‘moderated’ but other comments are a bit suspect- why does the thread need to be kept if it can’t be contributed to?

druidh
    Free Member

vinnyeh – Member

I don’t see why the whole thread doesn’t get deleted- some of lanesra’s comments have now been ‘moderated’ but other comments are a bit suspect- why does the thread need to be kept if it can’t be contributed to?

Not the first time for lanesra either.

aracer
    Free Member

Seen it a couple of times recently – flags it as worth having a look at 😀

eldridge
    Free Member

I don’t see why the whole thread doesn’t get deleted

I guess because the mods, quite rightly, want to educate us. They want to show how initially reasonable posts can get distorted and hijacked, and they want to show us the point at which we go over the boundaries. If the whole thread was deleted, you’d never be able to trace the progress of a post from reasonable to unreasonable content.

They stop it just before it become potentially intolerable, and I for one am grateful for their difficult balancing job

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I’ve just had a look at the offending thread, and it appears that Lanresa is someone who’s life has been permanently affected by a very dark day for football, Worldwide.

His own personal loss is very, very sad, and I think we all need to consider the feelings of an individual, in certain instances, such as this one. I personally had no idea that his life was so affected by the tragedy of Heysel, and I extend my deepest sympathies and sadness, to him and his family, and all those affected by such a tragic loss.

I can understand his anger and bitterness, and I think we’d all do well, to take a step back, and consider his feelings.

I agree with Eldridge, that some posts should remain, as a reminder of just how much some things can affect individuals.

I’ve met Lanresa, and he seemed like a pretty decent bloke. I really hope he can get some support, in what must be a difficult time for him.

In the darkest depths of one’s own personal despair, no-one else can possibly see what you can.

andywhit
    Free Member

Amen.

Junkyard
    Free Member

well said RudeBoy and ditto

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘When was the last time we saw this on STW?’ is closed to new replies.