Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • When one goes back to a hardtail after a couple of years only on full-sus…
  • big_scot_nanny

… don’t go crashing into rock gardens with your rear tyre at “maximum traction with rear sus” low-pressure, unless you like truing nicely buckled wheels and fixing pinch flats. 😳

Bugger, it is confirmed that I have forgotten how to “ride light”, but also that a reasonably hardcore hardtail really is rather good fun (if a bit more speed limiting than a full bounce machine).

S’all bikes though innit? All good. 😀

Re. t’other thread on the perfect bike, i don’t think that is possible to have “one”, but with a cross bike for commutes, the NP mega with coils for alps and bike park days, and the 29er hard tail with a dropper, its pretty close.

Now, if only I could get that bloody fat bike niggle out of my head! 😈

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Might one recommend tubeless tyres for Sir’s build? One found oneself in a similar position and it would appear that this helps somewhat (certainly whilst one remembers how to ‘ride light-er’)! Oh – and pick decent lines, ride your fork and so on and so forth… which you knew already 🙂

Bloody good fun though isn’t it?!

nedrapier

Fat bikes will take you into another wheel buckling arena!

Go low pressure to get that magic carpet ride, get excited by the funtimes and teh megalolz, get to the bottom and find flat spots in the rims…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Big sturdy tubeless tyre is needed. Hit it!

big_scot_nanny

This mornings revelation – bending the knees on landing can really help. 😛

Amazing how lazy I have got at using my body. 😳

Hardtail = lovely in singletracky woods. tubeless – tried it once, almost had a heart attack with the track pump, failed, cannot be arsed to go back. 😀 Maybe a 2.2 racing ralph is a bad choice of rear tire…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘When one goes back to a hardtail after a couple of years only on full-sus…’ is closed to new replies.