Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • When on-line surveys go bad (that's you Sport England…)
  • -m-
    Free Member

I just received an email from Sport England who seem to have engaged Ipsos MORI (no doubt at great expense) to survey me as a member of the British Canoe Union. Having established that I am a cyclist (and, more specifically, a mountain biker) the survey presents me with page after page of meaningless questions like these:

It's great that Sport England has given me such a fantastic opportunity to comment on the cleanliness, lighting, surface and prevailing weather conditions of my local trails, as well as the equipment I provided myself with…

Good to see public money being spent so wisely.

wwaswas

I did find child care to be a big problem for mountain biking once they started crawling and walking – they were never where I'd abandoned them at the trail head after that.

whytetrash

It's the NA box on the far right you need fella 😆

Dont forget these have to cover a very broad spectrum of sports, a lot of these will be using facilities that need assessing.

Yep research can cost a lot but how else do you decide what needs changing?Just be glad the Govt can be arsed to put money into sport in the current climate

-m-
    Free Member

I think I went through about 10 pages of questions where I just clicked NA after NA…

PracticalMatt
    Free Member

That's nothing, I have just narrowly avoided having to ask scroats I've nicked a series of customer satisfaction Qs in relation to their treatment and their perceptions of the city!

" So Mr Pickpocket, what would make you want to visit the city centre more?"

You couldn't make it up!

😆

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Just be glad the Govt can be arsed to put money into sport in the current climate

Aye, like closing down most of the sports centres in Dorset.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/districts/northdorset/4173069.Battle_to_save_Blandford_leisure_centre_gathers_pace/

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

The lighting was terrible through the woods on my cycle home the other night.

nicko74

Probably down to the research company that – looks like they got some new graduate to manage it who didn't have a clue about questionnaire design. And from Ipsos you say? They should know better…

uplink
    Free Member

I always fill in surveys & always fill them in to be the as opposite of my opinion as possible 🙂
    I wonder how many other people do that?

-m-
    Free Member

Probably down to the research company that – looks like they got some new graduate to manage it who didn't have a clue about questionnaire design. And from Ipsos you say? They should know better…

Yes, that's my biggest issue – they will have paid a big chunk of money over to get someone to design and administer the survey, but what's produced is garbage. The results produced will then also be garbage, meaning the survey doesn't deliver on its objectives, and development of one or more sports will head off in completely the wrong direction…

wwaswas

I think we could end up with more indoor mtb venues with good childcare and no mud, based on my responses.

Marge
    Free Member

edit:
    refreshed the page & it's now legible…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘When on-line surveys go bad (that's you Sport England…)’ is closed to new replies.