Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • When nature fights
  • matt_outandabout

Seen at Grandtully a week back – they spent 40 mins fighting. We had to leave, but would have been interesting to see who won….

Kahurangi

Fantastic isn't it 🙂

That's what… a sparrowhawk? Taking on a crow? Nutter 😀

I saw a stoat and rabbit in a death tussle in a verge once, by the time I stopped and turned around, the rabbit had lost.

matt_outandabout

Aye, Sparrowhawk vs Crow. My money was on the hawk – crow was getting V tired and the hawk looks like a nutter!

GrahamS

Sparrowhawk will win – because it's a female!

Sparrowhawk (female) – RSPB

hh45
    Free Member

David Attenborough eat your heart out – great photo. Real fight action in the blurred wings and a look of "i'll get you you b'stard") from the sparrowhawk

IanMunro
    Free Member

Great pic!
    I always smile when I see a buzzard fly over invariably followed by a couple of crows trying to beat the crap out of it.

JulianA
    Free Member

Great picture! Should be in the 'Pictures you have taken in the last month…' thread. (As well)

woody2000

Looks to me like the crow's already lost!

Nice pic 🙂

CountZero

That's a terrific photo, I'd love to have witnessed that and photographed it. The sparrowhawk is almost certain to win. I was cycling home along a country lane once and heard this terrific ruckus in front. As I came around a slight bend there was a stoat rolling around in the road with a rabbit squealing like mad. To add to the confusion there was a cock blackbird flapping around, dive-bombing the stoat and making loud warning calls. After several minutes the stoat backed off and the rabbit lit off up the road at a rate of knots, and the blackbird dove onto the stoat a couple more times until it vanished into the hedge. Amazing sight, glad I witnessed it.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I don't give the sparrowhawk long to live though, crows tend to talk, then hold a parliament…

JulianA
    Free Member

Subtle, MrNutt, very subtle. Possibly too much so for these parts…

chorlton
    Free Member

Sparrowhawk is a female. They are bigger and go for bigger prey.
    It looks like a Jackdaw to me.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘When nature fights’ is closed to new replies.