Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • When it rains it pours…Broken things content!
  • DrP

Gonna be a pricey month!

FS frame cracked – ‘good price’ replacement still half a grand!
    Car off to the garage – blank cheque written there….
    Tennant’s boiler busted – even the call out charge made me wince…
    Some-one (looks around sheepishly) burnt a hole in the carpet in our current place too….

Oh well – keeps the economy turning!

DrP

trail_rat
    Free Member

i sold my “replacement” boiler last week in leiu of replacing the shonky non combi non condensing non efficient bucket of shite with a grant outdoor combi….

today i woke up and wondered why is it fooking freezing ….

toby1

I bought a new TV on Saturday morning, also required a blu ray player and stand as I was keeping it old skool till now (appreciate this was a luxury purchase so not complaining).

Somehow managed to spend over a 100 in tesco’s on Friday – you know that week when just about everything has run out. Then had to fuel the car.

Got home to find letters from the Opticians and dentist tell me I need appointments (the dentist following an x-ray as part of a routine checkup last week so I know work will be required).

Also remembered that the car MOT and service is due this month and road tax at the end of the month.

I don’t know what this recession malarky is about, I’m spending more at the moment than I ever have!

kaesae
    Free Member

DrP are you a Doctor?

matt_outandabout

Meh, you make money from the place (I assume).

johnners
    Free Member

DrP are you a Doctor?

Not only that, he apparently rents a place out to an ex-Doctor.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Johnners – Who?

donsimon
    Free Member

Spend your money on insulation, removing the need for silly little things like boilers. 😉

brakes
    Free Member

the heavy rain broke my rhubarb crop*
    no rhubarb crumble for tea tonight
    :sobs:

*plant

DrP

…apparently rents a place out to an ex-Doctor.

Very good 😉

Kaesae – yes…

Meh, you make money from the place (I assume).

Not that one needs to justify these things, but…you assume wrong – part and parcel of our jobs is the ‘need’ to move about a bit. We rent ‘our place’ out, and currently rent where we’re living. It’s (possibly) just breaking even, but then there’s tax etc to pay on ‘profit’..

DrP

hora
    Free Member

Hope all turns out to be small thing on the car. I know what its like having to worry about ‘the phone call’ from the garage 🙁

DrP

Every hour seems to be ticking over far to quickly…..!!!

DrP

_tom_
    Free Member

I need to get my car tyres replaced soon, I think the rear ones are just at the legal limit and I’m hoping the front ones can be moved to the back and have a bit more life out of them. Going to have to put it on the credit card and pay it back over a month or 2 🙁 Also got a chip in the windscreen but autoglass say it’s too small to be repaired at the minute so hoping it stays that way!

hora
    Free Member

I’ve got two decent 15″ Fulda’s if your local to Manchester.

rondo101
    Free Member

We rent ‘our place’ out, and currently rent where we’re living. It’s (possibly) just breaking even, but then there’s tax etc to pay on ‘profit’..

Look on the bright side – the cost of repairing the boiler is tax-deductable.

DrP

^ I know – it’s a bit of a silver lining! Still, rather it didn’t happen!

DrP

Sandwich

but then there’s tax etc to pay on ‘profit’..

Sounds like your accountant needs a word too!

toby1

Hah, glad I didn’t jump to the conclusion that you were a slum landlord/mulitiple home owner, still you might get there one-day 🙂

matt_outandabout

Sounds like your accountant needs a word too!

+1

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘When it rains it pours…Broken things content!’ is closed to new replies.