Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • When is enough… more crappy tyre content
  • atlaz
    Free Member

At what point do you give up on tyres? REALLY not liking the Eskars I've got and considering swapping them for something else, possibly the ubiquitous nevegal/blue groove combo. I've had half a dozen rides on them and I don't feel confident at all.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

if they are 2bliss i will have em off you -love eskars! 30psi and they are ace

RealMan
    Free Member

At what point do you give up on tyres?

And just ride on your rims?

Tyres are probably the toughest choice ever. Some people get lucky and find their perfect tyre straight away, for others it takes lots of goes with different ones.

crikey
    Free Member

Some people just ride the tyres they have and don't blame them for a lack of talent…. 😉

atlaz
    Free Member

Kenda Karma were fine, Panaracer Fire XC Pro were great, just can't get on with the Eskars, the gap between the shoulder grip and the main is too far and although I SHOULD MTFU, I'm a pussy 🙂

ralph – Can't recall (they came with wheels I got off the classifieds), I'll check later and prod you if they are.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

tvm – they are great tyres but need to be run at EXACTLY the sweet spot pressure wise otherwise they are horrible

cynic-al
    Free Member

I find most tyres are fine.

Am I weird?

atlaz
    Free Member

Nah, I've ridden other tyres and been fine. These are the first I've owned or ridden on demo/rental bikes that have caused me any problems.

Ralph – Looks like they're probably Eskar Control (dual compound so I'm guessing 2Bliss). I'm not able to check the bike but as the wheelset came off a pitch, that seems to be the most likely.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘When is enough… more crappy tyre content’ is closed to new replies.