Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • When does your winter road bike come out ?
  • mcnultycop

I’m going to put mudguards on the Arkose in the next week or so, I suppose that counts.

DT78
    Free Member

Mine is my commuter so gets used all year round, that said carbon bike was set up on the turbo today and apart from an occasional alignment of free time and sunshine it’s likely to stay there until April now 🙁

zanelad
    Free Member

I’m going put mudguards on the Arkose in the next week or so, I suppose that counts.

Fitted mine today then couldn’t be bothered going out cos it was raining. I stayed in and did the ironing instead. Living the dream, but at least Mrs Z was pleased when she came home.

freeagent
    Free Member

My ‘summer’ bike (Giant Defy with Pacenti/hope wheels) and ‘winter’ bike (Arkose with 28c tyres and full length guards) both get used all year round.

If we get a dry and bright winter day i’ll take the Giant out for a spin. (sooo much faster than the Arkose)
    I tend to use the Arkose a bit over the summer for wet rides, and night rides as the wheels aren’t so precious if I hit a pothole.
    The Arkose is also set up with a rack mounted rear light and the remote for the Strada front light is taped to the bars.

The Giant does spend a bit of time on the Turbo during December/January.

scotroutes

My “winter road bike” is also my tourer, CX, gravel, adventure bike.

downhillfast
    Free Member

I usually “winterise” (ie fit mudguards) my road bike end of October, it stays like that till march/April.

philjunior
    Free Member

Well I used my winter bike for an overnight ride near the summer solstice… But I would draw the line at gritters being it for the summer bike. A bit of damp is unavoidable from time to time but there’s no point having the two if you take the summer bike out on salty roads.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘When does your winter road bike come out ?’ is closed to new replies.