• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by momo.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • When are mid-term holidays for kids in your area?
  • scotroutes

Just trying to work out when to best avoid the UK ski slopes. Seems like some kids are off next week (w/c 9th) but I know for others it’s the following week (w/c/ 16th)

oliverracing

I know my brother (West Oxfordshire) is off w/c 16th as that’s when I’m of skiing (hopefully)

richpips
    Free Member

9th here in Derbyshire.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

16th in Midlothian.

Bimbler
    Free Member

16th here in Hertfordshire

ratadog

w/c 16th North Yorks

LadyGresley
    Free Member

That’s correct, some have the week commencing the 9th and some the week commencing the 16th. 😀

midlifecrashes

16th, South Yorks

john_drummer
    Free Member

No idea. No kids. But I’m very close to the border between Bradford and Leeds and wouldn’t be surprised if they differed.
    MInd you, it’s not the kind of first world problem that bothers me over much. Skiing? Meh

scotroutes

Thanks for that. I don’t know how we’d have managed without your insight. It gives me a real glow inside to know that I gave your evening some purpose by starting this thread.

GrahamS

Ours are 9th (Northumberland) but our mate’s kids (Borders) are the 9th.

I think the majority seems to be the 16th judging by when the big markup is on ski holidays. (Which is why we’re pulling ours out of school a week early 😀 )

GrahamS

I’m very close to the border between Bradford and Leeds … it’s not the kind of first world problem that bothers me over much.

Makes sense. 😉

MoreCashThanDash

9th here in Derbyshire, 16th in Nottinghamshire. Which has made some Notts based Groupon kids activity deals quite good value!

Also a rush of families heading to Centre Parks. £400 cheaper next week, apparently.

momo

16th for Lincolnshire, heading to Andorra with MrsMomo (teacher) for a weeks skiing.

Flying from Edinburgh has made it far more affordable!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘When are mid-term holidays for kids in your area?’ is closed to new replies.