Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Wheelies cycle solutions Swansea
  • sturmey
    Free Member

Anyone used their services as I have just tried and found them absolutely shambolic. They agreed to purchase a Planet-x Uncle John on my behalf for a c2w scheme, We (the company) pay £999 to them on receipt of proforma, 10 days later they tell me I need to pay a further £99 admin fee on collection of bike. That means paying £1098 for a bike advertised for £999. When I questioned them about it they said” your wrong because you will only pay about £650 after tax” thats irrelivant. I can see they made a mistake not being able to get a discount from PX so not making any money but is that my fault? They will not move on this and they have the whip hand as they have £999 of my companies money. Eventually after numerous phone calls with they have decided to refund the money. their parting words ” have a look on our website over the weekend and see if there is anything else you would like, up £1300 I could do you for £1000″ I will not be going any where near their site ever.

carlphillips
    Free Member

I’ve just taken delivery of a broken track pump (broken in transit), phoned the guy up on friday, really helpful and very apologetic, is sorting me a replacement nae bother, nice chap on the phone, I’d use them again, no dealings with your side of the company though.
    was that in the small print? is it normal for extra fees to apply? I’m self employed so can’t do the c2w scheme easily.

ash.addy
    Free Member

Not had anything to do with he mail order side of things but, the shop in the Uplands Swansea is my LBS and the guys there are great – they are always helpful and and their workshop is also great. The guys really know what they’re talkin about and not out to take advantage.

sturmey
    Free Member

Nothing in the small print. I was told the cheque had been raised and posted to PX they would then ring me to tell me when the bike would be ready for collection/delivery. Being blatantly lied to really has annoyed me.

sturmey
    Free Member

AA thanks for the balanced view. They strung me along for far too long, I suspect they realised their mistake and just tried to bluff their way out with the admin charge. A little dishonest from my point of view.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Wheelies do alot of the insurance stuff, and dealt with me direct of my custom build insurance replacement. They were pretty clueless about sizes and standards. I ended up holding their hand through the whole process to make sure I actually got what I needed.

hs125
    Free Member

I used them for an insurance claim. I didn’t really have a lot of choice in that, the insurance company put me in touch.
    The service was very good, with everything arriving in one package in good time. Just about all the accessories that could be, were fitted to the bike, and ready to ride. This included upgraded kevlar tyres similar to those fitted to the nicked bike.
    I had originally agreed to a 2011 bike, but they didn’t have my size, so I got a 2012 model, one level up the spec range to match my original.

rickon
    Free Member

The shop in Swansea is not related to the online Wheelies that do insurance claims. Told this by the chap who runs the shop….

IdleJon

rickon – Member
    The shop in Swansea is not related to the online Wheelies that do insurance claims. Told this by the chap who runs the shop….

Yes they are. Mike and Keith Jones own Wheelies, Wheelies Direct, Cycle Solutions and Tredz.

mountainman

Speaking for TREDZ had no probs with them over the years ,always very helpful and knowledgeable guys.

amt27
    Free Member

OH gets a flat 24% off all their stuff through her work discount, apart from Specialized and a few other brands,

as she works for a company which has an insurance arm, I guess this is a staff perk for putting all claims through them,

ordered a load of accessories last year and they didn’t have half of it in stock, took a few weeks for a few items to turn up,

they have since removed the 24% discount login from their website, but still offer it over the phone, seriously considering them for a new bike,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Wheelies cycle solutions Swansea’ is closed to new replies.