Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Wheelie help
  • bighairydel

Wheelie experts, can you help? I’m ok and getting to the balance point but keeping my side to side balance always lets me down and ends my wheelie prematurely;o)
    Any tips or any ideas where I might be going wrong?

jekkyl

go faster

superdan

knees out

philbuh

are you always falling to the same side? If so it suggests youre getting in to position by pulling up one the bars and pedalling. If thats so, youre pulling harder with one arm & leaning the bike that way.

Its more efficient to move your weight backwards, as in a manual, then most of the work is done with your core not your arms. Once up, maintain balance by rolling your hips, knees out will help this.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Its a combination of knees, feet, turning bars and hips/ core

Practice bars first I.e work out what happens when you turn the bars one way or the other. Then try if you fall to one side, turn the bars the opposite way then see the consequence

Do the same for knees and feet and with core/ hips. See what happens, understand why and then it’ll come.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Seat down,knees oot.Steer with your hips.

bruneep

Get some grey trackie bottoms on, grey hoodie with hood up and smoking a tab. Then you should nail it no bother

kelron
    Free Member

If you’re falling to one side, hold your lager in the other hand.

takisawa2

Put an ad in Cash Converters window.
    They have instructors who will teach you.

mattyfez

Is it possible to do if you have your seat at the right height, or can it only be done if you have a mongoose mtb with no saddle or a BMX?

mattyfez

Usually chavs in pedestrian precincts?

alpin
    Free Member

Agree with jekyll…. More momentum.

vincienup
    Free Member

kelron – Member

If you’re falling to one side, hold your lager in the other hand.

😆

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Wheelie help’ is closed to new replies.