Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Wheel rebuild, rim recommendation for trail use. WHY?
  • rockhopper70

After a decent eight years or so of service it has been officially concluded that the Mavic X317 laced to a Hope XC hub is goosed.
    I can get it rebuilt for £25, providing it doesn’t need new spokes and the X319 appears about right for use,weight etc.
    Anything else to look at around the £20 mark.
    The issue might be that if news spokes are needed, it’s creeping up to new wheel money?
    Anyone got anything lying around the want rid of.

26″/32 hole.

jekkyl

where are you bud? I’m in staffs.
    I’ve got an old 26″ rear that you can have for a £5 charity donation. shimano 615 hub laced to a wtb rim, not tubeless specific so unsure whether it would take a ghetto adaptation. The hub was serviced then put in the shed when I got some new wheels about 3 years ago, so it would probably benefit from a grease up.

nixie

Is the x319 the same ERD as the x317? If not there is a fair chance you might need new spokes. You can however work out the spoke lengths using one of the calculators then go looking for rims to fit.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I believe that the 319 and 317 are the same ERD – I’ve swapped a 717 to a 719 without having to replace spokes.

Jekkyl is my nomination for Community Spirited STWer of the Month Award.

rockhopper70

Sorted.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Wheel rebuild, rim recommendation for trail use. WHY?’ is closed to new replies.