Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Wheel building in Bristol
  • CFYB
    Free Member

I know it’s lazy and i know i should learn to do it myself and it’s certainly on my ‘list’. But for the moment, can anyone recommend a good wheel repairer/builder in Bristol. My rear wheel has gone out of whack causing a buckle and the dishing to go awry resulting a a wobbly wheel that doesn’t sit central in the rear triangle.

i will learn one day but with the dishing issue i don’t think this is the place to start.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Greg the cycle therapist

top notch at building wheels

wrecker
    Free Member

Call Rob at bad ass bikes.

TooTall
    Free Member

Webbs of Warmley

Si or Jon there will be able to fix or advise. Si is a superb wheel builder.

trickydisco
    Free Member

of course.. Sioffofwebbs as well

ransos
    Free Member

Ross Taylor of Taylored cycles. He did a brilliant job on my road wheels – he charged £50 for the pair IIRC (I supplied the parts).

CFYB
    Free Member

Cheers guys. Have used Bad Ass before and very impressed with them, i’m in North Bristo though so a bit of a trek for a simple (hopefully)wheel truing job. Will try one of these recommendations.

neville
    Free Member

Matt down at Bristol Dropouts has done some for me before. You can get him on: workshop@bristoldropouts.com

wrecker
    Free Member

I have a jig and a book if you want to have a go yourself?

CFYB
    Free Member

Thanks for offer wrecker, but the thought does scare me a bit. Ifit were just a buckle then would take you up on it, really don’t know what to do with getting the dishing right. Might get the Roger Musson book though and have a read up. Just to see what i would be up against!

wrecker
    Free Member

Drop me a PM, I have some documents which may help.

deluded
    Free Member

Call Rob at bad ass bikes.

+1

higgi
    Free Member

Bad Ass Bikes

+2

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Wheel building in Bristol’ is closed to new replies.