Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Wheel building help
  • RicB

I'm about to lace my first wheel. Front, hope pro2, Dt comp spokes, wtb 32 hole rim, 3 cross pattern.

Once I've laced the first and second set of spokes, can I just check that I rotate the hub anticlockwise looking at the wheel from the left side (i.e. rotor side).

Ta 🙂

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Anticlockwise looking at the drive side I think.

RicB

Ok. I thought it was the opposite to what you've said for a disc wheel, because the wheel is laced to withstand the braking forces.

sv

3rd and 4th will go in the opposite to the first two sets anyhow. From memory – what Duggie said.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Sounds like your making life difficult for yourself, completely lace one side at a time. Drop 8 spokes in one side (drive/disc) start with 3 spoke hole to the left of the valve hole, miss 3 etc. Now working from the same flange put the remaing ones in, from the opposite side, with the drive/disc side facing you twist the hub clockwise and lace the spokes over then under the two crossing spokes. Repeat for the complete side then flip over and lace the other side the same way. 😉

mavisto
    Free Member

Just buy Roger Mussons e-book. If you want to build your own wheels it's the best £9 you will ever spend.

CLICKY

spesh
    Free Member

Second the Roger Musson book. It's very clear and makes wheel building a doddle. Some good tips on making your own wheel building kit too.

RicB

Yes I guess at nine quid it's hard to justify NOT buying Rogers book! Will order it tonight

mrben100
    Free Member

Reading through this thread, almost seems like a contrived advert for Roger Musson's book. 😉

Having said that, looks pretty good might have to get myself a copy, cheers.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Wheel building help’ is closed to new replies.