• This topic has 25 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by nuke.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Whats your weight and what pressure do you run in Rockshox dual air forks?
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

I appreciate its different frame to frame but i am looking at ball park figure. I am 80Kg kitted up and to get the right sag i use 80psi, mate withs ame fork and same weight uses 120psi – vast difference. Just trying to canvas values not start a mass debate

Tiger6791

14 stone: – ?? kg

135psi Top
    125psi Bottom

Feels too high, so gonna go down 10 psi on each and see

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

72kg

115 top
    125 bottom

_tom_
    Free Member

About 16.5 stone and I run 170psi +, 150psi – in my Pikes. I don't like forks that are too saggy and soft feeling so they're probably a bit harder than most people will use.

robhughes
    Free Member

just 1 thing TSC does this drag your travel down having 10psi higher in the bottom

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

use pretty close to what RS recommend on the fork stickers in both our dual air forks (100mm Reba, 140 Rev), run +5/+10 in the negative spring for more plush active behaviour. Doesnt drag the travel/sag down noticeably, just improves small bump response.

robhughes
    Free Member

if i put 10psi more in the v- on my pikes they would run at 125mm.
    pressures set allowing for the loss when pump is removed.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

80kg, 130+,120-. 150mm Revs

RealMan
    Free Member

55kg
    80-90psi top
    80-90psi bottom
    revs

cynic-al
    Free Member

85kg 80-90 psi iirc

13thfloormonk

Rob, I was told that the 'air loss' when you remove the pump was the compressed air in the pump, and that the valve would close before the pump was removed? I checked this on mine and it seems to bear up.

I'm about 80kg and run something like 125 +ve and 100 -ve in my Rebas, in a deliberate attempt to create a sort of pedalling platform that still opens up for big hits and roots. Has transformed the ride of the bike which now handles like a little BMX in corners and pops out of every compression, great fun!

brakes
    Free Member

140mm dual air Revs
    not sure how much I weigh, but would guess 80-85kg
    run 110psi top, 115psi bottom
    quite a bit of sag, but the front end really sucks the ground, 'planted' as they say in the mags

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

14st. 110psi +ve, 115 -ve 120mmm reba dual airs.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

just 1 thing TSC does this drag your travel down having 10psi higher in the bottom

After a lot of plating around with pressures I believe that having a slightly higher number on the neg leg gives better small bump compliance/tracking, which works best for the racing/riding that I do.

evernas
    Free Member

90 kg. 125 psi neg – 115 psi positive one on my Revs.check your fork oil over.

bobster
    Free Member

About 75/76 kg
    Pikes
    115 +ve
    120 -ve

Kahurangi

10 stone, 140mm revs.

approx 100 top and bottom.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

10 1/2 stone plus gear and run at about 90psi top and bottom in 454 Pikes and Revs. TFT put 100 in last time they serviced, but I dont get full travel with that setting. Does really seem to vary.

BTW – air loss is when the pump is attached, not removed.

steve_b77
    Free Member

In my 130mm Revs 95+/90- on a 130mm
    Full suss

In my 115mm Rebas 95+/90- on a HT

I'm 79kgs

warpcow
    Free Member

I'm 76kg, running:

105+
    100-

in 120mm Reba SLs. That and playing with the fork-top lockout keeps them from being too divey.

robhughes
    Free Member

13thfloormonk.if you pump up the -ve then take the pump off and put it back on you,ll know what i,m talking about.the -ve chamber is very small.
    there.s been loads of threads on here about this very thing.you will find your running much less in you -ve than you think,hence the firm platform.
    with the size of the -ve on pikes you loose about 30 psi when removing your pump.
    the air loss your talking about in the pump is with the +ve.

BigR

Rob I think you are wrong. As Agentdagnamit says you lose air when you attach the pump. As the -ve chamber is much smaller the pressure will appear much less when you re-attach the pump to measure it as the air will travel back up the hose to the guage. You would need a mechanism with no air loss to accurately measure the pressure.

convert

You are both kind of right! The valve will close when the pressure either size of the valve has equalized – i.e. if you are pumping up the shock (or a tyre, same principle) the pressure in the pump between the gauge and the valve will be the same as the vessel being pumped up so when you detach the pump a hissing noise will come out but its from the air in the pump not the vessel as the valve is already closed. You therefore do not need to pump up past the wanted pressure to account for loss in detachment.

However, if you reattach the pump to the tyre or shock to check the pressure, a small amount of air will escape into the pump as far as the gauge reducing the pressure in the vessel. Not an issue on a tyre but it can be with something small like a -ve shock chamber. Note; even when you reattach a pump the pressure indicated on the gauge will be correct, just a little lower than before you attached the pump to it.

Oh, and original question – about 15psi less than RS recommend although when new I used even less but as they have thoroughly broken in and become less "sticky" the amount of air needed to get the right sag has increased (on reba, pike & now revelation)

grizzer
    Free Member

i find that to get near full travel i have to run them with about 40 % sag, i used to set them at 110 + 115- (80kg)but since ive removed the spacer to increase the the travel to 120mm i set them at 80+ 50- because they just sink into the travel if i put more air in the -ve..i think there might of put a bit too much oil in the damping chamber which might be causing the probs in getting full travel..

Crag
    Free Member

I'm 77kg and run 120 in both on my Pikes. Any less and they just dive through their travel. With the rebound set right they run sweet. There seems to be a lot of people running very soft forks out there.

nuke

80kg with all the kit. Rebas = 120 +ve, 130 -ve.

Went for the 10psi more in the -ve as it makes them a bit plusher imo…No loss of travel with a higher -ve than +ve when I empty the -ve before setting the +ve then doing the -ve.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Whats your weight and what pressure do you run in Rockshox dual air forks?’ is closed to new replies.