Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What's your PIN number?
  • nickjb
    Free Member

The key safe thread reminded me of this that popped up in my facebook feed the other day. Interesting for the number geeks and security types.

Worth reading the article linked below, although before that have a look at the heat map of PIN numbers. first two digits on X, second 2 on the Y. Some hot spots are obvious, others less so.

http://datagenetics.com/blog/september32012/index.html

Also if anyone what to chat about tautologies (the saying of the same thing twice over) start your own thread 🙂

wwaswas

PIN number

Also if anyone what to chat about tautologies (the saying of the same thing twice over) start your own thread

and I’m left just trying to unclench my teeth.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I don’t use a PIN number.

I have a password word.

Northwind

nickjb – Member

Also if anyone what to chat about tautologies (the saying of the same thing twice over) start your own thread

Remember, the first rule of tautology club is the first rule of tautology club.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

1187 on all my cards apart from one which is 1119

bikebouy
    Free Member

perchypanther – Member
    I have a password, Word Up.

FIFY

perchypanther
    Free Member

perchypanther – Member
    I have a password word to yer mother

FIFIFY

crazy-legs

You get the same sort of skew with lottery numbers.
    Most people choose numbers based on dates of birth so 1-31 is extremely common with an extra bias on 1-12 to account for months.

phiiiiil

I’m going to change my numbers to that one black square, nobody will guess it then!

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Check out the Jimmy Kimmel (US chatshow host) piece “whats your password”. Now that is scary…

grahamt1980

That’s a fascinating plot.
    The bit that gets me is how many people use simple codes.
    But the patterns in that plot are amazing. The grid pattern and the 19 line is amusing, what hacker wouldn’t think to try your year of birth?

TiRed

1..n for relevant card followed by three digit random number. Doesn’t everyone do this?

scaredypants

americans, then ? – there’s a big rectangle that seems to fit 0101to1231

kcal

of the various PINs, one is my first Cashline card PIN – others are old phone numbers, some mixed up birthdates…

scotroutes

You can even tell the number of days in each month 🙂

Edit: and hot at 1111 and 1234 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What's your PIN number?’ is closed to new replies.