Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • What's your "mega mileage" car (150k+ milers only)?
  • TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Interested to see who’s happily running moon-distance mileage with no intention of trading in. I’m getting there:

Volvo V50 1.6D, 8 years old, 175,000 miles

5thElefant
    Free Member

I don’t do the milage anymore, but my 535 did 250k before retiring.

offpiste
    Free Member

Golf mk4 1.6 petrol clicked 185k today

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Had a Peugeot 405 that I bought with 250k on the clock.
    Sold a Peugeot 206 with just over 150k on the clock and was still going strong when sold.
    I don’t understand the French car bashing on the car threads, they’re great.

superfli
    Free Member

I recently bought a Honda accord tourer with 155,000 on it. Should be good for double that. I only use it for weekends and bike transport+ holidays.

nairnster
    Free Member

2000 passat 2.0 petrol 158k, bought just over a year ago for £100, new tyres and a fuel filter, and 2 MOTs later with a cost of £123, its running nice.

joshvegas
    Free Member

My golf is on 218000.

Just changed the timing belt and disks so that should be me for a while.

teethgrinder

2008 Civic cdti. 240k miles.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Pug 306 estate just shy of 200000 miles. The electrics could do with a bit of TLC but other than that it’s as solid as a brick shit house.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Renault 19 about 200k, Peugeot 306 about 240k, Renault master bought at about 8 years old and 30k (clearly fake) added 250k

singletrackmind

just run in that lot ^^
    Took my last Passat from 234K to 312K before selling it for £50 less than I paid for it
    Only needed 1 brake caliper and alot of tyrs /oil / filters

milky1980
    Free Member

Previous cars:

Volvo 240 GL Estate: bought with 270k on the clock, sold with 300k.
    Audi 80 1.8S: bought with 192k on he clock, scrapped two years later with, erm, 192k on the clock 😆 Probably did 30k in it.

Plan to go above 150k with the current car, had it from new so should tick over that milestone in 2023 😀

MrOvershoot

Not these days as the thought of driving big mileages makes me shudder.
    but from 1987-1991 I took a Ford P100 pickup truck from 6 miles on delivery to 374,000 miles when I left the firm!
    In that time apart from tyres & 2 exhausts it has 1 exhaust valve & 2 clutches, the body was rotting though thanks to clattering around lots of quarries & port sites.
    I virtually lived in that truck for 4 years and at an average of 18mpg I hate to think how much fuel it chomped through.

The strange thing is I remember driving from a steel fabricator in St Austell to Oban Distillery in my trusty truck over 600 miles in 1 go apart from fuel stops and feeling fine no aches etc.
    These days even with super plush Volvo seats I get sore (getting old sucks)

MaryHinge
    Free Member

2004 Honda 1.6 petrol HR-V 225,000 miles so far.

Owned from new. Still on original exhaust.

maccruiskeen

12 year old Astra van on 198k and a younger sprinter on roughly the same. Kept the last sprinter to over 330k before selling it on.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Tbh I think any modern car that can not make 200k is not fit for purpose

connect2

210k on an 11 year old Mondeo TDCI, seems to thrive on neglect. Apart from the usual wear and tear all it has needed is a new clutch at 100k. Still on the original battery, the only time it’s failed to start is when it mysteriously once lost its injector codes

GolfChick
    Free Member

Skoda Fabia 53 plate currently sitting somewhere about 171k, just fitted a new droplink and passed its MOT with flying colours yet again. Drives as nicely, apart the black smoke that all old VAG get, as my OHs 07 plate with 89k on the clock. No rush to swap it so it’ll easily do even more miles!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Put around 165k on my old V70 before a tree viciously attacked it.

It fought a valiant fight, bravely laying down its life to save others and now rests in Volvohalla, supping petrol from the hollowed out wheel bearings of lesser cars.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

What do you define as modern.? My pug feels pretty 90’s compared to cars just a few years younger.

vondally
    Free Member

Mk 2 golf 8 v 276k bought with 56k.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Pug 406 that comes in work a lot, 304k as of today, she’s spent the price of a few new cars on it over the past 15+ years
    Still on original engine but that’s about it

hamishthecat
    Free Member

BMW 525d Touring (E39) 221k. Engine/turbo and drivetrain (original clutch) all fine but front wings going a bit rusty now and I’ve managed to smack the front bumper around on kerbs etc and it’s looking very tatty. Time for a change but I don’t know what to replace it with.

Mk 2 golf 8 v 276k bought with 56k.

Good effort – I got 235k out of mine when the replacement (Austin Maestro!) gear box packed up. The only work ever done to the engine was valve stem seals.

IainAhh
    Free Member

Not mega miles but:

Mk1 Focus 1.8 petrol 155k retired due to sump issues. Abused from 6 months old by myself.

Vectra 1.8 petrol 163k retired with only Cat converter MOT fail. I was running it as a second car and I didn’t need it anymore. It was a freebe from my Dad who was offer £300 as a trade in at 117k. I think in 47k miles after that it only needed a new battery and a minor suspension repair.

Mondeo 2.2 tdci 169k, written off by a tourist, it was still running good.

I am currently on a sprightly SAAB at 128k so I wonder how it will fair.

When I was a student I worked as a delivery driver and drove several vans with 300k + that still went fine. Mercedes and Toyota’s mainly.

Klunk
    Free Member

only occasionally drive the wifes car these days but the impreza had over 223,000 miles on the clock when I SORNed it…. and it started first time 2 yrs later when I sold it :). Well built cars for sure always felt solid.

TheDTs
    Free Member

165k Ford Ranger, on an X plate, not used much these days.

jam-bo

I sold our b5.5 Passat estate at about 190k on the clock. I still see it around a few years later

thehustler
    Free Member

180k on 55 plate navara and it doesnt even have a squeek or rattle

nasher
    Free Member

my 8 year old vw t5 is coming to a quarter million

vondally
    Free Member

My brother has a Mercedes work van on 450 k second engine at 380 k original chassis and panels …. Toyota hilux on 245k his dog car so will keep going.

Edric64
    Free Member

V plate Sprinter on 269k still in use

giant_scum
    Free Member

When I traded my ’55 plate Hyundai Santa Fe 2.0 CRTDi in, it was up around the 175,000 mile mark!
    God it looked awful from the outside but it was a great car to drive, used it for work mostly and it went up some pretty rough tracks without any drama!

mc2
    Free Member

4 year old Octavia went back last year with 155k and never had anything done to it but variable interval services. New one hit 45k today.

andyl
    Free Member

160k ish (can’t see the odometer as it has a temperamental earth fault) on my 15 year old 306 hdi estate. Bought it for £1k 5 years ago when I needed a car to get to the isle of Wight for work and it’s just kept going. Its been abused as a farm car, diy materials moving, biking etc. Including servicing I haven’t spent more than £500 keeping it on the road in that time.

159k on our freelander. Drives great and still tows the sheep trailer well but does need some consumables this year as tyres and VCU are due so wont see much change of £800 in parts.

When I was a student I had an E30 325i tourer with 230k on the clock. I bought it for £1 + towing it home and then found about £5 in change under the seat. Had been sat for months and the guy just wanted it gone. Spent £300 getting it through its MOT and taxing it and drove it for 6 months. Sold it for £350 before it drained my bank account due to abysmal fuel consumption. The roar of that straight 6 through a twin pipe exhaust made before cats were needed was addictive! Had a lovely old BMW smell, mixture of oil and the plastics they used.

barrytheflea
    Free Member

420k on my 14 year old TX1 Taxi, I sold it and saw it around for another 18 months before it had to be taken off the road. Managed to get through 3 gear boxes, the Nissan 2.7L engine never missed a beat, wish I had it in my new cab.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Bought a saab 99 the (first type) 185 k on it sold with 201k on it still going well. After driving minis in Scottish winters it was a god send.

Then had a 900 turbo bought from an RAF pilot in stunning condition wit 135k on it sold it at 165 k
    After that had a few Astra estates my father in laws company cars, never had one that had less that 120000 miles on it when we got them .
    Never done anything other than service tyres filters belts.

voodoo_chile

Mercedes c class 175 k on it …..just goes and goes

pb2

Nissan X Trail 238k from new, sold it for a grand, its meant to be going ok somewhere close

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘What's your "mega mileage" car (150k+ milers only)?’ is closed to new replies.