Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • What’s your favourite…
  • Anna-B
    Free Member

all that lovely watercress….yum!

Good call Captain FH, would second that. Specifically the place in Broadchalke:

Also, some awesome cheese makers round here – Lyburn in the New Forest worth investigating.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

arbroath smokies, straight out the barrell and still warm

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Keando

Guilliano
    Nothing local in Bedfordshire…..

There is the Bedfordshire clanger – a suet crust dumpling that has meat filling at one end and a jam filling at the other so main course and dessert in one item.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Lyburn is indeed very good! Did you have any when they did the tasting at Waitrose in Salisbury? The Old Winchester was superb. Bought a lump and it got demolished over lunch!

Anna-B
    Free Member

No, I did 3 photo-documentaries last year on local food producers, and went to photograph the Lyburn cheesemaker doing his stuff, so I tried the Old Winchester there. Good for Waitrose for supporting local producers.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Our chippy does battered pizza. If you can dip it in batter, they’ll fry it for you. Ick!!!

I love haggis and white/mealy pudding. Shame they’re soaked in fat. 🙁

Moses

Bristol based?
    Well, we’ve Pieminister pies, which are fab.
    Lots of local cider, and just to the south –

Cheddar Cheese.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Flashy; you’ll have to join me for a pint or two of Meantime beer in the Greenwich Union sometime!

I have a hazy recollection of being there with WCA, last summer, sitting outside drinking pints of the stuff, and eating mussels.

flatfish
    Free Member

i do miss cumberland sausages, always forget to get some whilst home

MussEd
    Free Member

Buckfast is made in Devon. Consumed in prodigious volume in West-Central Scotland but it’s not local I’m afraid.

Luca’s and di Rollo’s ice creams both from Musselburgh. Mmm.

crispybacon
    Free Member

The Cornish Pasty

Mmmmmmmmmmm…………. 😮

duntstick
    Free Member

Tartiflette, very healthy…………

BillMC

Brixworth pate
    Spratton pork pies
    Church’s shoes…..yummee!

singlespeeddan
    Free Member

Butteries, also known as rowies or aberedeen rolls.
    Brew dog beer, particularly their stout, Rip Tide. It is a little lethal at 8%. Balvenie though that is less local than iit used to be.

crazy-legs

When I lived in Lancaster there was a Farmer’s Market in town every Saturday and usually a weekday as well. One of the stalls there sold lamb raised on the local salt marshes which was lovely. 🙂
    Salt Marsh Lamb was one of the ‘famous’ local delicacies, I suppose drink wise it would be a pint of Lancaster Bomber (which personally I couldn’t stand…) Nice plane, shame about the beer.

rangeroy
    Free Member

dock & nettle pudding, rook pie, Timothy Taylors landlord, beef dripping on bread, blue asbestos.
    brought up in Pecket Well. 😆

skidartist
    Free Member

Socca – nyum nyum nyum

Here in Ayrshire it the Killie Pie I’d guess. One time winner of the best pie in football. Unbelievable uproar in Kilmarnock when the crown was taken off them by a pie made in Yeovil, first reaction being ‘where the **** is Yeovil’ followed by ‘and its a chicken pie FFS!, its doesn’t even have any meat in it!’

And as for Glasgow, wake up everyone! its Mortons Rolls (or McGees now they’ve been bought up)

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Haunch of venison roasted on the barbeque

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Bakewell pudding NOT TART

Bradwells ice cream

Oat cakes (from Chatsworth)

shoefiti
    Free Member

I don’t mean to be rude but…… Stu you idiot Buckfast is the at other end of the country from Glasgow last time i checked….. tsk!

Sandwich

Charlie Wells brews used to hail from Bedfordshire.
    Here it has to be Orford smokehouse fish/oysters and St Peter Ales. The local veg from Newbourne isn’t too shonky either,

grumm
    Free Member

Lancaster Bomber isn’t made in Lancaster any more, since Mitchell’s closed. I do quite like Bomber though. This place still brews beer in Lancaster and has some very nice beers – http://www.lancasterbrewery.co.uk/thebeer.htm

This place does amazing smoked stuff – http://www.polsco.co.uk/

Not quite local to me but Waberthwaite Cumberland sausage is amazing.

I go to the farmer’s market here in Lancaster quite a bit and there are loads of fantastic local producers.

ski
    Free Member

Hmmm, not really a food as such:

But with a decent bit of bacon and two door wedges of bread, plus a good pint 😉

Mmmmm, hungry now 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

Can I say the garlic and broad beans from my back garden? The beans were one of the tastiest things I’ve ever eaten and there’s so much garlic I eat it all year round (and it’s nicer than farmed).

Otherwise, I got some lovely goats cheese from a woman with a herd near St Albans once. And the baklava and pide bread from the local Turkish shop is incredible.

stuartlangwilson – Glasgow’s greatest delicacy is Tunnocks teacakes surely?

druidh
    Free Member

MacSweens Haggis – even the veggie variety is lovely.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Moonshine from the Abbeydale brewery is very smooth and dangerously easy to drink on a warm summers evening.

Travis

it would have to be Frog in Hot Spicy Sauce over a flame, Whole Prawns soaked in Garlic and Chilli Oil

Love it, can’t get enough of it… although when I fart it burns too, and I often sing “Oh the ring of fire, the ring of fire” 😯

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘What’s your favourite…’ is closed to new replies.