Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What's your favourite coffee from Monmouth Coffee?
  • chojin
    Free Member

I’m going to order a bag or two from them, and just wanted recommendations really.
    Nothing *too* strong, I’m quite a fan of Taylor’s lazy sunday if that is any use :]

aP
    Free Member

It depends really, why not look at the information on their website as they have notes about all their coffees. It’ll also depend on what method you’re using to actually make the coffee, at least that’s what they told me when I was in there on Tuesday afternoon.
    They did laugh when I asked for coffee that makes your eyes bleed.

chojin
    Free Member

Had a quick look through the info (thanks for the tip!). Was after a view point that’s a little more subjective 🙂

stealthcat

How do you generally make it?
    Espresso – stick to one of their blends.
    Cafetiere/filter – depends what you like in a coffee. I get it for a colleague who likes it quite rich and smooth, and she prefers the South American ones; I don’t have access to their list from work, but I’ve tended to stick to the ones described as chocolatey, and haven’t had any complaints.
    If you’re feeling rich and it’s still in stock, the “Cup of Excellence” one was quite special, but I nearly passed out at the price..

We now tend to buy our coffee online from Deep Mills coffee roasters in Woodbridge – we find their espresso blend is more to our taste than Momnouth, and about half the price, even with postage.

chojin
    Free Member

A good point – in a percolator usually!
    I like a smooth taste, and quite like the sound of their Fazenda do Sertão (brazilian) coffee.

Deep Mills you say? I may just have a look at their website!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What's your favourite coffee from Monmouth Coffee?’ is closed to new replies.