Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • What's your favourite bit of winter riding kit?
  • jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Rooster hot socks

duckers
    Free Member

Helly Hansen Freeze. Thoroughly recommended.

chakaping
    Free Member

BBB winter overshoes.

Nothing worse than freezy toes on the road bike.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Morso squirrel.
    If its that shit outside just fire up the morso and sit in shorts and tshirt.

tomaso
    Free Member

The ultimate winter riding kit is the post ride pub fire 🙂

simonk
    Free Member

It must be my Altura windproof Night Vision jacket and my hip flask filled with Jura, I am still trying to find a good option to keep my feet warm and comfy

Northwind

Like Brigante, my Perfect Curve Glacier gloves- properly gamechanging those, I’ve got fairly poor circulation and nothing else keeps me warm (maybe pogies would but I am a tart)

votchy
    Free Member

Northwave Celsius boots and Gore Phantom 2 top, best things since sliced bread 😀

mrblobby
    Free Member

The ultimate winter riding kit is the post ride pub fire

As if you’d be allowed to sit on those sofas having just come in from a winter ride 🙂

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Track bike and living 15 minutes away from an indoor velodrome, the racing is just so much fun particularly when its blowing a gale and pishing down outside!

jimmy

As of Wednesday night’s ride, a crud guard. I resist every year for it looking rubbish but why wouldn’t you? I’ve modified it with bits of zip tie and electrical tape to stop it rattling which IS annoying, now I don’t know its there but my bum is dry and my kit will last a lot longer.

EDIT: And mud tyres. Obvious, but make winter riding rideable.

winston
    Free Member

Montane pertex/fibre pile jacket like buffalo but lighter and cut for cycling. I don’t know how Montane stay in business – I’ve had this for more than 15 years and its still completely fine despite being used and abused. In fact I’ve never ‘rebought’ any piece of Montane gear, they just work and last. Incredible when so much other outdoor kit is rubbish.

dazh

My Aldi waterproof gloves are both the most functional and best value for money bit of winter kit I’ve got. Although I do like my Sportful Fiandre Norain jacket.

MoreCashThanDash

Another Aldi glove fan here. Got a proper fitting pair and another pair the next size up, for wearing with cheap Decathlon inner gloves.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Glacier gloves perfect curve gloves, as per Bregante’s pic above. Unbelievably good.

tomaso
    Free Member

mrblobby –
    The ultimate winter riding kit is the post ride pub fire
    As if you’d be allowed to sit on those sofas having just come in from a winter ride

Obviously one changes in to something more comfortable prior to enjoying the pub

medoramas
    Free Member

DeFeet Dura Gloves for anything above 0°.

Merino Buff.

Lidl’s “motorcycle baselayer”.

A set of Crud Catcher Racepack 29er (combined with front Mudhugger)and Endura MT500 overshoes – after every muddy ride I realize how much I love these simple items!

brakes
    Free Member

beard and silk glove liners

tpbiker
    Free Member

Winter boots…can’t see I coped without them

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

military goretex kex and jacket, ultimate in cheap dryness and comfort
    and when im finished riding I just peel them off and hose them down over the washing line or fence, Bargaintastic 😆

Vortexracing

Also I have a pair of Castelli thin gloves, I can’t remember the name of them but blimey they surprise each time I have them on, warm when needed, cool when needed but most of all they feel like I’m not wearing them.
    Perfect.

which ones, they sound just what I’m after.

and 2nd the northwave boots and Gore Phantom softshell

mrblobby
    Free Member

which ones, they sound just what I’m after.

Bikebuoy do you mean the Castelli Lightness glove? The seams split on the palm of mine, the only time I’ve been a bit disappointed with a Castelli product.

TiRed

Knee-length Chrome merino socks and winter boots (road and mtb).

flamejob
    Free Member

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘What's your favourite bit of winter riding kit?’ is closed to new replies.