Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • what's your favorite pink floyd album?
  • racefaceec90

this is my choice

i love all of pink floyd’s music,but this album resonates with me the most (partly i think due to suffering with long term depression/anxiety issues).

i can relate to the feelings of isolation that some of the album has (also anger).

along with the downward spiral (nine inch nails),this album most conveys what it feels like musically to suffer with mental illness/anger to me anyway.just a fantastic concept album. i still need to watch the film someday though.

argoose
    Free Member

I prefer mumford and sons

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Echoes. It’s all good though .

warton
    Free Member

wish you were here, but I’m not a massive fan tbh

EDIT: although I love the live at Pompeii film

dallas95
    Free Member

I like The Division Bell.

zippykona

Easily Darkside. The high point of music making. Still fresh and amazing 40 years later. Any long car journey starts with it.
    In one of the radio Caroline books one of the DJs recounts how there was a massive barney going on onboard the ship. So he stuck Darkside on and everyone just got over the argument and chilled out.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Definitely DSOTM for me. Just perfection

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Piper

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Depends upon the depth of coma I’m trying to achieve. 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

project
    Free Member

Dark side of the moon, listening to it while in a college hostel, TIME came on loud bells ringing, one of the lads pannicked and thought the place was on fire and ran out screaming FIRE, FIRE, as he thought it was the fire alarm going off.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

WYWH for me too

Coyote
    Free Member

Echoes – bit of everything. Although I too am partial to Mumford and Sons.

CountZero

DSOTM, WYWH, and Echoes, in that order.

montylikesbeer

Wish you were here for The song

Scapegoat

Album alone it would have to be Wish You Were Here, an 11th birthday present from my sister, so on emotional tie in it’s that one. Dark Side of the Moon has one of my favourite tracks, Time, and so has Animals, with Dogs, but the ultimate has just got to be Comfortably Numb, the live version on Pulse.

tang
    Free Member

WYWH – incidentally, the first music I ever remember hearing.

tonyd

Dark Side probably, but most of my formative years were spent watching the Delicate Sound of Thunder video through a haze of smoke so that’s the one for me. Saw them at Earls Court on the Pulse tour, best I’ve ever been to.

rewski
    Free Member

Dark side, I really like meddle too, with echoes on it, you can hear the birth of dark side in that track.

oddlight
    Free Member

Wish you were here, by small margin.

Pure genius.

~A

higthepig
    Free Member

Wish You Were Here for me too

restless
    Free Member

The Wall 😀

landcruiser
    Free Member

Just to point out Echoes is a track, albeit a complete side, from the album Meddle.

I am struggling to choose a favourite album, though if I were going to put one on right now I’d probably go for Animals. I haven’t listened to that for a while .

gordimhor

It would be wywh for me too, I like animals too though

AD

A Momentary Lapse of Reason for me – one of the few albums where I like every track rather than just a couple.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Division Bell for me cos I saw them do it at Earls Court in 1994, don’t have a particular fave (other) album as I like various tracks from all of them!

julianwilson
    Free Member

Animals.

fergal
    Free Member

Dark side of the moon on acid, mind blowing.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Delicate Sound of Thunder here too..

Had Shine on you crazy diamond playing al te way through the service at the crem after the clock beat my Dad.

trailhound
    Free Member

Spooky – I was just about to put a momentary lapse of reason too – I also really like the division bell as well.
    Pulse and delicate sound of thunder are cracking live albums too.

mucker

Anyone remember the very lovely Atom Heart Mother.

rewski
    Free Member

Just to point out Echoes is a track, albeit a complete side, from the album Meddle.

what I said, they’re referring to a best of…

Pieface

Meddle is quite good apart from that rip off song about his dog.

landcruiser
    Free Member

what I said, they’re referring to a best of…

I see… Compilations not permitted in this context IMO !

ampthill

I’m amazed a votes for Animals. i don’t remember it but I remember not being impressed. I thought even Roger waters wasn’t keen. As for the pre wall stuff like PATGOD. No I wouldn’t put that on now

At varioous times its The wall, DSOFTM or WYWH

despite my negative comments they are my all time favoutite band

Tried to explain them to my son. He says thats its all clever marketing. But he can play Wish You were Here on the guitar really well. I can’t strum a note…..

allmountainventure
    Free Member

The Wall. I watched the VHS endlessly. Twisted stuff!

grievoustim
    Free Member

WYWH – for a few reasons tied up with my childhood

I recently took possession of my step-father’s vinyl copy – the one I listened to as a kid, both from the vinyl and via a copy I made on a C60

listening to it again is so comforting – i think I know all the crackles. My CD copy just wasn’t the same

Kuco

Obscured By Clouds and The Wall. But most have songs I like on them probably why I like the Pulse album with the added bounus I saw Division Bell live.

boxfish
    Free Member

Another vote for Obscured By Clouds here. Meddle also deserves a mention.

Watty

Dark Side OF THE MOON
    I got it for my 13th birthday in May 1973
    I didn’t really understand it at the time and neither did my folks, but love it to this day.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘what's your favorite pink floyd album?’ is closed to new replies.