Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • What's your Electricity + Gas bill?
  • robdob
    Free Member

Make sure she's on the correct tarriff, it can make a huge difference with the storage heaters. Setting them up right can make a difference too, they are never that good but if you can avoid putting on extra electric heaters by tweaking the controls it'll save loads.

coffeeking
    Free Member

That's a huge amount of elec TINAS, with similar usage to you/her I'm currently paying £8 a month elec as the £30 a month they started me on was vastly over-estimated. We have PVRs, computers,router, freezer, fridge, elec oven, 2 TVs.

oldgit
    Free Member

Both now £94 a month, wifes at home 24/7 and there are two teenagers as well.
    We always get a rebate at the end of the year. I argue with them to reduce it, but they always take the last three months useage to go on i.e December, January and February the dearest months.
    We once got back over £600

alexxx
    Free Member

£100 in gas £53 in electric

3 lads all with computers in a 3 floor terraced house that well old but has double glazing and walls nearly a meter thick

sounds expensive now i think about it… dont know why the gas is so high we dont use the centeral heating just the shower and cooker

coffeeking
    Free Member

Bugggggger meeee, £100 in gas?! do you leave a gas aga running constantly or something?

glenh
    Free Member

I've no idea.

The wife sorts all that stuff out.

molgrips
    Free Member

TINAS, your bill is so high cos of all the welding you have to do on your knackered old car 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

my car has never been welded, heritage re-shell :-p

And that lives at my house anyway.

deep_river
    Free Member

works out at 150 per month

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Isn't it pretty useless just quoting a monthly DD, when we're all on (presumably) different tarrifs?

FWIW I'll join in, <£70 gas & elec with BG on their fixed rate from 2007 – my fixed rate has just finished but as I'm in credit I'll stay with them for a quarter and see how it works out.

Good double glazing & cavity wall made a massive difference to our house, which is a modernish 3 bed semi. First time we've been through a winter without being in debit at the end of it.

skiprat
    Free Member

Ours is £66 a month for both gas and electric with Eon. 3 bed terrace (approx 1900 build) with rooms in the loft that are not that well insulated. Eves are well insulated and have lagged pipes where i can see them. Had a new boiler a couple of years ago and that made a huge difference to the gas bill. Old one had no thermostat and so had to be on all the time, new one just clicks on and off as it pleases. Other bonus is that it doesn't have to heat a whole tank of water, just what you need.

midlifecrashes

Just under £200 a month here combined. Do I win? Bit more insulation still to go in before winter. 7 bed Victorian place with solid walls and rooms in roof so no chance of conventional loft insulation or cavity fill. Have lined a few rooms in high density slabs and Kingspan, and have a few more to do before next winter. With luck I can get the bills down to £150ish, but that's less of the issue than actually being able to feel warm in some of the rooms, and still keep or replace plaster features and the like.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘What's your Electricity + Gas bill?’ is closed to new replies.