Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • What’s your boozing like?
  • TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Probably been asked lots on here, but just interested… How much do you normally drink per week, where (at home, in the pub, around mates’ places etc) and what’s your tipple?

Me? I mainly drink at home. Eight cans of beer a week or two bottles of red. Sometimes more. Often feel like drinking more, especially when work’s p*ssing me off. Try not to cane it too much before a big ride.

druidh
    Free Member

If I ain’t riding/driving anywhere, I’ll often have a glass of wine with dinner. Very occasionally will have a beer/cider/whisky at the weekend. Rarely in a pub.

macmclaren
    Free Member

funny i was talking to a mate about this today while out riding, he is drinking a lot more than usual and he is in a happy stable life, i on the other hand am drinking way less, maybe 2 bottles of red a week and im in a bit of a pickle job wise and relationship. Usually i would have automatically assumed it would be the other way round.

But im mainly now a quality not quantity drinker 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    colnagokid

6 Cans into 8, thinking of getting a bottle of wine!
    I know Im a pis5head, but its 2 nights out of 7. Was off work for nearly 4 weeks and been on the drink every night , put about a stone on!

emac65
    Free Member

Very rarely drink in the house but get out for a drink every other week or so.Sinking anything from 3-8 pints or maybe a few barcardi & cokes….

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I don’t drink all week until Friday or Saturday depending on when I am riding. I will normally do 7-10 pints. ouch.!

Stella as well.

nickc

maybe a glass of wine with dinner. Maybe a beer at the weekend

singlespeedstu

I have a feeling that some folks beers and whisky consumption will go through the roof this weekend at Dalby. 😀

DrDolittle
    Free Member

Couple of bottles of red a day when unemployed. Started a new job a while ago, about 4 bottles a week now. ****, it really messes up your ability to sleep when you go cold turkey.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Too much. Far too much.

Only at night though, never during the day so I can’t possibly be an alchy.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Just having a nice 8.2% Leffe that a happy guest bought me as a tip! It’s my first beer in the house in about 6 months. Occasional glass of wine with dinner and maybe half a pint once every couple of weeks!

Those are changed days though, used to drink a lot more back in Scotland. Always had wine or beer in the house and would happily finish a bottle of wine with dinner and sometimes have a glass of whisky too.

the-muffin-man

10 to 15 pints of beer a week (lager or ale).

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Couple of beers every other night.Nowt the day before riding.

samuri
    Free Member

the odd beer during the week, maybe a glass of wine in the evening.
    friday and saturday night I’ll have 4 tins or a bottle of wine. Never drink during the day and never go to a pub.

If we do go out for a meal or something I’m invariably the one driving so I’m teetotal then.

I am a bit greedy though, if there’s alcohol in the house I like then I’ll drink it so we tend not to buy any in until the weekend and then not much.

Joxster
    Free Member

I had a dry night last night, which is the first in quite a few months. It’s normally 4-5 G’n’Ts and a bottle of wine a night. It’s time to knock it on the head.

Moses

No more than 2 pints lager or cider in a pub, only once or twice per week, sometimes less frequently.
    At home, one or two small glasses or red a night.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

For me – Friday night is normally at home with my wife and maybe 4 or 5 bottles of beer (325ml).

Saturday night is normally boys’ night and I have 5 or 6 pints. Occasionally (if everyone is out) we have a big night and it could end up 8 or 9 – never more than that these days.

Sundays we normally have a family meal so would estimate about 3/4 bottle of wine.

Generally don’t drink during the week but I might have the odd glass or two of wine if I have nothing on and feel like a relaxing night.

So, on balance, I reckon I drink a moderate amount but should really cut back a little.

ton

only drink at home in the summer if it is hot, then maybe a couple of bottles of cider or a few glasses of zinfendell.
    but when i go away on my many biking trips i drink like a man with hollow legs.
    i think this stems back to my rugby days, where a 20 pint session on a saturday after rugby was the norm.

lowey

Cut right down from last year, when I was probably drinking 5-6 bottles of red a week.

I now drink maybe 4 pints on a Thursday after a ride, and maybe one bottle of red at the weekend. I dont half feel better for it too.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Funnily enough, on the cutting back theme, I stopped drinking altogether last year – about 6 or 8 months with not a single drop passing my lips.

I didn’t lose any weight or feel ANY better for it at all whatsoever. The only slight difference I saw was a slightly better skin tone (less dry skin).

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

I drink loads, and so do most of my mates. During Scottish C2C, most of us drank each lunch time, and certainly much each night. I even took 2 cans of Carlsberg Export the days we had to have packed lunches. Night before our last days riding, we were in Glen Affric bar from 5 till chucking out at 1am. Many sundays, few of us have a mini pub crawl on Mountain Bikes. If I’m not out, I’ll probably drink around 5 bottles of Carlsberg Export, or 1664.

In short – far too much!

Keva
    Free Member

crikey I thought I drank a lot but compared to you lot I don’t. Friday night I’ll have about 3 or four bottles of cider at home, what are they about 500mm ? Saturday I’ll go to the pub late afternoon and have two or three, certainly no more than five and that’s only if I meet people I know – then maybe have another couple of bottles at home. Sunday I’ll pop into the pub late afternoon for a post ride pint or two and that’s about it. This week ’cause the suns been out I have had the odd bottle of cider in the garden after work. nice to chill out and tweak the brakes or somefink on the bikes in the sunshine.

Kev

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Saints alive! You lot are a right bunch of pissheads!

I’d estimate 4-6units a month. Just the odd beer/shandy now and again. Booze isn’t the best for you healthwise and I ride a bike most days so would rather be clear-headed.

Having said that, I’m no saint. Went out a few weeks ago and had 5 pints (completely destroyed me) and did far too much binging when I was a ski bum.

Keva
    Free Member

yeah my mate drinks shed loads. First time I took him to Cwmcarn he cracked open a can of Kronie in the car as I was driving down the M4 at 10:00 in the morning… & he cleared the climb in one hit without a dab. bastid.

Kev

devs
    Free Member

I am binge drink Britain. I drink nothing all week and then at a weekend I’ll have loads. I’ll go out at 9pm and drink till 3am. I haven’t got a clue how many I have but it’s not a healthy amount. I usually only do it one night a weekend but occasionally 2. If I’m playing rugby then the 9pm is brought forward to whenever the final whistle goes. I get really annoyed at myself if I don’t get any riding in at a weekend because I was too hungover but by the same token if there is an organised ride on I’ll not be out the night before. My drinking habits are really bad for me I suspect but I don’t think I would ever be able to sit at home watching TV when I know my pals are out. I just beast myself mon to fri and eat as healthily as I can to try and make up for it.

donald
    Free Member

Donald tonight

scotia
    Free Member

jees yous drink alot!

bottle of wine or 2 a week..

saving it all for friday & saturday..hmmm nice british pastime that. glad im away from it..

allyharp

Rarely drink at home unless I’ve got friends round, which isn’t all that common.

Goto a pub quiz every week where I’ll drink 2-3 pints. On top of that probably only another 2-3 pints at various points during the week.

grumm
    Free Member

Not big drinker these days really.

Maybe have 2-3 bottles of beer spread out over the week, then a couple of beers or whiskies on a fri/sat night – maybe an occasional blow-out where I would have 5-6 beers/glasses of wine and a few whiskies or something.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

2-3 cans a night usually, but mainly 4% stuff. If in pub, then 3-4 pints. So probbly around 15-20 pints a week, or thereabouts. Too much really. But I’m still pretty fit and healthy, so I’m not too worried.

What I don’t do these days is binge drink. That’s what **** you up more.

If at home, I won’t drink until the evening. If with others, then maybe earlier, but I’ve learned to pace meself, and eat plenty of food to soak it up. It’s frightening, how much you can stick away, over a long day, and not feel too bad on it.

Ton’s 20 pint sessions is something I’ll never experience. I’d be in A+E, if I drank half of that! 😯

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Actually, where’s all the poncy lot; Flashy, Stoner and them? I bet they stick it away!

mrsflash
    Free Member

A lot less than I used to. Maybe 2 or 3 g&ts a week, and less of wine maybe 1 or 2. The odd pint of beer or lager after a ride. Last year I was drinking a glass or two of wine a night as well as the g&ts.

MrSmith
    Free Member

i don’t know what surprises me more, the quantities involved or the laissez-faire attitude towards alcohol.

eat as healthily as I can to try and make up for it

a 20 pint session on a saturday after rugby was the norm.

Too much. Far too much.

Only at night though, never during the day so I can’t possibly be an alchy.

6 Cans into 8, thinking of getting a bottle of wine!
    I know Im a pis5head, but its 2 nights out of 7

it’s a shame we don’t have a more continental attitude towards booze instead of the macho ‘hey look at me and my ten pints’.
    i like alcohol, i like the taste of good wine, cognac, armagnac, dark rum, calvados, grappa, champagne and real english and belgian beer.
    but can’t drink in large quantities so rarely get shitfaced and never binge drink.
    i don’t understand why adults drink the sugary soft drinks that mask the alcohol (like vodka/cranberry and those alcopops) they can’t be drinking them for the taste? or is real life that miserable that they drink to forget.

timraven

I live in and run a pub, most of my mates and riding buddies come to the pub. As a consequence I really have to watch the quantities I drink. I find my drinking rates go in cycles. ranging from 1 or 2 pints 3 times a week, up to 4-5 pints 5 times a week.

Good quality, well kept real ale, though I say so myself.

Life’s short, as long as you don’t need it i.e. you are in control, not the alcohol, I see no great problem. (ducking from levels of abuse)

steveh

Pretty much non existant for me. I had 1 pint last night and it’s my 30th on sunday so I may well have 1 pint or maybe even 2 when out with friends on saturday night. If I have one drink a week on average it would be a busy week.

steveh

oops double post.

2tyred

in the last week – mid-ride pint of ipa Sunday lunchtime, 2 pints guinness later that evening at a gig, nothing monday, small glass red wine post evening ride tuesday, pint of microbrewed munich red ale at the cinema on wednesday, 250ml bottle ‘workshop’ beer last night post evening ride, probably have 2 glasses red wine tonight, maybe one or two glasses tomorrow.

what’s that – 10 drinks in a week? probably slightly above average for me (gig and cinema slightly out of the ordinary).

am i going to die?

Keva
    Free Member

am i going to die?

yes you are, but when and what will cause it I’ve no idea.

jeesh Im bored this afternoon. done all ma work & stuck in the office for another two hours.
    Kev

tankslapper
    Free Member

1-1.5 bottles of red on a Saturday night usually enough for me. Recently it’s been 5/6 cans of beer of an evening once or twice a week. It varies depending how sh1t work happens to be.

Have cut back since the winter when it was 1 or 2 bottles of red Friday, Saturday and (sometimes) Sunday / Thursday night!

Don’t drink anything like when I was at home in N.I. Thursday night 10 pints +, Friday night 10 pints + Saturday 10-20 pints (start at lunch time and keep going to 2-3-4a.m.

TS

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘What’s your boozing like?’ is closed to new replies.