Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Whats wrong with my TV? (sound distortion)
  • hora
    Free Member

There is a sound distortion- at the top of every word spoken the sound distorts (as though you have the volume too high for the unit). I’ve had the speakers replaced and the problem seems to be getting gradually worse.

Last night I was playing with the settings and realised that with the balance full left the distortion goes. Soon as I start to move towards the right- the distortion builds.

(The speakers have been installed new last week) so its not them.

What could it be?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30625376@N06/16587804362/

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Sounds like there’s something loose or poorly fitted, like the speaker unit, circuit board or even the TV case/enclosure itself. It would appear from your description that that it’s on the right side of the unit, so try squeezing the case on that side. Work up and down, press the back, etc., etc..

hora
    Free Member

The shops repairer had the case open etc fitting the new speakers so should have reassembled correctly/seen anything casewise

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

What’s the feed like from the headphone socket and/or any phono sockets at the back of the TV – is the distortion still there on the right channel ?

hora
    Free Member

The distortion is there whether its TV/DVD signal or other plugs used.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

The distortion is there whether its TV/DVD signal or other plugs used.

the output, not the input.

if the headphone socket also distorts then it is not the speaker or its mounting…

hora
    Free Member

Ah. Will try tonight

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

Make sure the case isn’t touching a side wall or something. Ours got turned very slightly so the right hand edge was touching the wall & the sound went all buzzy-turned it back and all was well again.

edhornby

can you physically swap the L and R speaker over ? this will diagnose whether it’s the case or driver inside the case if so…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Whats wrong with my TV? (sound distortion)’ is closed to new replies.