Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • What's this bizarre calling for Saville's house to be demolished?!
  • athgray
    Free Member

I pass that house regularly and would feel saddened if it was demolished. Always associated it with good trip to Glencoe, not Jimmy Saville. The location is spectacular. I think a museum to Hamish McInnes achievements would be a far more fitting use. If no one else wanted it, I would happily take it.

grtdkad

Museum to Hamish definitely.

…but I reckon plod need to dig up the garden first. Was a Ripper victim not rumoured to have been found down the lane…and then SaVile seen hob nobbing in Broadmoor with Peter Sutcliffe?

grtdkad

or am I referring to the wrong Savile house?

nealglover
    Free Member

You are thinking of the wrong house.

That was his house in Leeds.

konabunny
    Free Member

As yet, no call for Leeds to be razed.

imnotverygood

Why don’t we raze Leeds to the ground?

hora
    Free Member

Well there wont be the racist football fans anymore..

martinhutch

No-one would notice.

hora
    Free Member

Or care tbh. Its the Newcastle of Yorkshire

konabunny
    Free Member

I went to Leeds once and had a jolly fine time. Saw the Black Eyed Peas in their pre-famewhore days and Jurassic 5 before they broke up.

theblackmount
    Free Member

Hysterical.

Summed up for me here:

http://crankitupgear.blogspot.co.uk/

nealglover
    Free Member

In old fashioned terms it seems he was a groper in his youth or much worse, and a bit of dirty old man when old.

A slight understatement I would say ?

Some 214 crimes were recorded across 28 police force areas, over a period of 54 years, including 34 of rape or penetration, the report said.

Although I do agree with the general point of the article, the stupid “playing down” of the scale and nature of what Savile actually was took away some credibility.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Hysterical.

Summed up for me here:

http://crankitupgear.blogspot.co.uk/

Jimmy Saville is becoming more of a nuisance in death than he could be at times in life.

I imagine the children and young women that he assaulted and raped might disagree.

That said, I think pulling down the house would be a bit of an overreaction – I can kind of understand it when a property has had such horrible things happen in it that it becomes synonymous with the crimes themselves (like Cromwell Street), but if its a property where a bad person once lived then we might as well knock down half the buildings in the country.

I didn’t even know he had a house in Scotland, I always associated him with Leeds and Scarborough. :/

theblackmount
    Free Member

Yes, I agree, he does underplay the severity of JS crimes.

However, we’re talking bricks and mortar, I’m far more angry at the BBC, the Polis and the CPS…

Junkyard
    Free Member

odd article disagree with its view re JS including

If this thing with Jimmy Saville teaches us anything it’s that fame and money are nothing.

I think we can all agree his fame enabled him to do at least some of this and probably to get away with it for so long.

the dirty old man for the worst known example of a serial sex offender is frankly a ludicrous description.

piemonster

Whats going on, are we nuking hospitals

You can nuke Ninewells Hospital, they already have a track record with it too.

duckman

A museum please, and another point; who the shag drives all the way up to Glencoe to spray paint an empty house? For me it always marks the start of Glencoe and good times to come(Yes I know the big shepherd is slightly more obvious) It would be a pity if went. Is it even within the trust’s land?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Right on the boundary of NTS land.

theblackmount
    Free Member

>odd article disagree with its view re JS including<

Chose some of his words very badly but I don’t find it “odd.” The blogger is local and runs a local business. Essentially his article was about (not) pulling the house down. You would pull it down then?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I said earlier I would not pull it down.

Would you describe JS as

In old fashioned terms it seems he was a groper in his youth or much worse, and a bit of dirty old man when old.

o would you lean more towards this

Some 214 crimes were recorded across 28 police force areas, including 34 of rape or penetration, the report said.

The CPS apologised for missing the opportunity to prosecute Savile in 2009, while he was still alive.

The Metropolitan Police said the victims’ accounts painted a “compelling picture of widespread sexual abuse by a predatory sex offender”, and Cdr Peter Spindler, who is leading the investigation, said Savile had “groomed the nation”.

The NSPCC said Savile had been one of the most prolific sex offenders in its 129-year history

That is what I mean about odd

duckman

piemonster – Member
    Whats going on, are we nuking hospitals

You can nuke Ninewells Hospital, they already have a track record with it too.

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

Do enlighten me….

theblackmount
    Free Member

Didn’t see your earlier remark junkyard. I would describe JS acts as heinous however, I don’t largely have a problem with the bloggers rationale for retaining the house.

julianwilson
    Free Member

No-one would notice.

Leeds isn’t just a place, it’s a state of mind.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘What's this bizarre calling for Saville's house to be demolished?!’ is closed to new replies.