Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What's this Allez worth ?
  • weeksy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321003263306&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Afternoon guys,

Got some spare cash so may buy a training bike. Looking at this Allez as local….

Asked him how much and was met with “make me an offer”…. what’s appropriate ? what’s rude? and whats’ too much ?

wallop

It looks pretty old – drivetrain might need replacing. £100-120?

HermanShake
    Free Member

It’s a 2008, looks to be mostly stock. I think it’s closer to £200 however it may want a new set of wheels (not to mention the drivetrain issue above). It’ll probably fetch more given many people recognise Spesh.

The tape breaks ‘the rules’, brake pad’s misaligned and “click-in pedals” suggest more of a normal person than a bike geek.

I ride an Allez, they’re fine as a run around/training bike. Won’t get you any compliments from the roadie snobs though!

weeksy

Thanks lads 🙂

i don’t mind the wheel, i can true it or pick up a cheap wheel.

I also don’t mind the bike snobs, i’ll be too busy kicking their arses 😉

I also like this old classic looking bike for a cheapo

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330811042559?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I wouldnt bother. I cant imagine you’d get on with the riding position at all. You’d be better off on some overpriced, lairy looking thing with huge wheels.

weeksy

LOL fair point 🙂

Andyhilton
    Free Member

It’s not a 58cm

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I sold a Trek 1200 which is pretty similar in spec terms last year for £275,though possibly in better condition.

I`d say he will get bids up £250 on that for no other reason that it says Specialized on the frame. 😆

kcal

Two phrases a bit at odds in that –
    NOT HAD ALOT OF USE SO IN GOOD CONDITION

and
    ONE WHEEL HAS SLIGHT BUCKLE DUE TO THE BRITISH POT HOLES BUT BIKE STILL IN DALIY USE.

Might be a bidder at as said £200 or a bit more but wouldn’t go much above that, it’s not in *that* good nick..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What's this Allez worth ?’ is closed to new replies.