Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • What's there to do in Kuwait?
  • bland

Any suggestions as to what’s what’s worth doing or seeing in Kuwait?

jam-bo

Day trip to Iraq?

bland

Sounds like I’ll be able to do some plane spotting!

pb2

Get out seems to be the best advice I can think of

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Build sand castles

funkmasterp

Join a queue……. And wait!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Well according to the egyptian expats i met out there – **** all ….

I said “so what do you guys do for fun here ” “we go back to egypt for a holiday”

large418
    Free Member

Drinking?

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Don’t lose your head 😯

nickjb
    Free Member

There’s an imax and aquarium at the science centre as well as sciencey stuff. You can dive with sharks at the aquarium. There’s also a bird reserve at one of the wetlands but it is only open by appointment.

Murray

Seemed to be going out to eat and watching the local yoofs drive fast and badly last time I was there. Going to the mall was popular too. Crossing major roads on foot was exciting as it is in the USA.

woody21
    Free Member

No drinking – even Duty Free is devoid of alcohol. There’s a couple of big shopping malls. I was over there in March on business so didn’t get much time for sight seeing, seemed to spend a lot of time in traffic queues. If you like fish you might to try Zephere it is in one of the suburbs (they are on Facebook). It’s nothing like Dubai

IvanDobski
    Free Member

The waterpark and the big tower thing next to it are the highlights in my experience.

Good times.

tacopowell
    Free Member

I know some working out there on a 5 year contract, big money and well…..camels? The temperature seems to be a steady 50*c.

Sounds like hell.

bland

Cheers guys, as i thought, sounds crap! American restaurants, no history or culture and traffic is what I’m expecting!

Better take a good few books and movies!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Ive only ever been there for business and I’d not go for a holiday. There are other better options for that

Jokes about Iraq aside easily the most intereting things we saw in Kuwait was the military vehicle graveyard at the end of the first Gulf war and the bullet holes in the buildings in the city.

DrJ

Somebody told me there is actually a relatively authentic souk in Kuwait.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@DrJ – I imagine there is as there are no tourists

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘What's there to do in Kuwait?’ is closed to new replies.