Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What's the US equivalent of Merlin?
  • ndg
    Free Member

As per title who’re the equivalent of Merlin in the US – who are the kings of cheap forks and wheels? Looking to buy a new fork out here but don’t know who’s good, who’s not. Jenson have a good range, but it all seems to be at or near RRP.

Ta

MrTall
    Free Member

speedgoat cycles have a good range and some good prices if you wait for their ‘closeout’ sales.

JoeG
    Free Member

I’m American, so not really familiar with Merlin. But some US big online retailers are JensonUSA, Pricepoint, Performance Bike, Nashbar, and Cambriabike. I’ve also bought from Bikebling and Bikeman, though I don’t think that either are real big companies.

Edit – Speedgoat started as a little LBS about an hour from where I live. They got big into online sales, then the owner closed the shop and sold the company. The owner of my favorite LBS used to work there.

Also check out Tree Fort Bikes. Often have random cheap deals.

ndg
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions, I’ll look them up.

chakaping
    Free Member

have a search for the fork you want on the Pinkbike classifieds, it often brings up shops selling new forks.

milko9000
    Free Member

whew. Ordered a Lev from bikebling before reading this – still had the cheapest price by a distance and that’s before I found the 10% off code.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What's the US equivalent of Merlin?’ is closed to new replies.