Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What's the start up for a cafe/food stall?
  • tails
    Free Member

Very broad question I know but I’ve seen lots of food stalls/vans selling all sorts recently from hotdogs, crepes, jerk chicken. One of my favourite examples is this chap who went from a van to a small cafe. http://www.nannamexico.com/hours-location

Any idea of start up costs as my friend is interested and I’d like to help him?

jota180
    Free Member

From a vague conversation with someone who has a couple of vans, his biggest issue was the cost of the pitch at events etc.

I wasn’t that interested – he was explaining to someone else – so didn’t take a lot of notice

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

A cafe’s a shop with all sorts of overheads
    A stall can be a pasting table and some disposable barbecues.
    So someplace between £50 and £50000

BristolPablo
    Free Member

load of info here as a friend was looking in to it once. http://www.cateringclassifieds.com
    he worked a weekend at Glastonbury a year or two back in a burger wagon and the owner said the burger being sold for £3 was costing him something like 15p aper unit all in, burger, bun, servette, ketchup, gas, wages etc etc

In my opinion, you need something different to make it a success, I would rather go hungry than eat a dog burger but obviously some people like(?) them or cant be arsed to make sandwiches first/wait till they are home. That said, at the last mini festival i was at, one stand were charging £8.50 for a pie, mash and mushy peas which I paid and was quite surprised with how good it was. I bet they were making a nice profit on that too….

as others have said, the pitch can be expensive and insurance on them is a lot too.

tails
    Free Member

😆

tails
    Free Member

Thanks BP!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What's the start up for a cafe/food stall?’ is closed to new replies.