Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Whats the Paramo Velez Smock like for cycle use?
  • starseven
    Free Member

After todays drenching Im gonna have to get a new waterproof. Fancy one of these, does anyone use one or even the lighter version. Mostly worried it could be a bit warm.

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

Warm, very warm.

househusband

I've got one and it's an incredibly comfortable and flexible bit of outdoor clothing, but I think I'd find it way too hot for cycling – have only worn it for walking. I'd certainly want the lighter version before I'd even consider using it for cycling.

sprocker
    Free Member

Really warm but when the temp drops they are good and mine has hardly let anything through unlike my lighter weight endura today.

TN
    Free Member

Too warm for most of the year but will keep you dry. Except if you wear a rucksac then water may get through where the straps are tight. Can't remember why but it happens.
    I love my velez and it get's a lot of wear but it's just too warm to ride in.

funkynick

They are warm to ride in, but I do find I tend to ride in mine a fair bit in late autumn/winter/early spring, but that is about half the year! You do sweat a little more than you usually do on some rides, due to the way the material works, but you don't end up any wetter, and sometimes drier, than if you had been wearing any other waterproof… and I'm a sweaty bugger too!

It's definitely for the cooler/colder days though.

Dobbo

Warm as said but keep it for walking IMO, it will get wrecked with mud grit when biking.

stevemorg2

bought mine last winter for a Scottish walking/climbing trip – absolutely superb!

It is a bit warm but it's a lot more comfortable worn next to the skin than goretex/event etc (IMHO) so you can just wear a short sleeve base layer under it most of the time.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Whats the Paramo Velez Smock like for cycle use?’ is closed to new replies.