Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • What's the most you've ever paid for…
  • oddjob
    Free Member

a pair of jeans?
    I seem to remember paying about £100 when I was a poor and stupid student. Now I have a job and stuff, I tnd to buy them in the Gap.

Anyone got any recommendations for something a bit more interesting or am I barking up entirely the wrong tree with you lot?

carbon337
    Free Member

Asda £14 beating my previous record of Primark @ £8

oddjob
    Free Member

Supermarket = food

Call me a snob, I don’t care at all

DezB
    Free Member

About £30 for some Diesel ones.

donsimon
    Free Member

I think I paid about 3,000 a few years ago in a bargain place, they were about half price… 😈

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

About £50 seems sensible to me – not ridiculously expensive, but you should get something that will stand up some abuse for a good while. I’ve decided that cheap jeans are a false economy…

GlitterGary
    Free Member

About 25 quid usually. Doesn’t matter how much they cost, it’s how they feel that counts.

D0NK

Jeans £30
    Cycling longs £104

I got my priorities right 🙂

odannyboy
    Free Member

tesco, half price at 7 quid.lasted well, reasonable cut.cant complain.
    bought some dunderdoon ones from cult clothing years ago.they were 48 quid and cut to completly the wrong size.utter pants!

DezB
    Free Member

You could always go for jeggings.

Cougar

I wore 501’s for years until they got stupidly expensive. I don’t mind paying a premium for good quality gear, but 60 quid? On your bike.

I discovered on holiday in the US that you can pick them up over there for about 20 quid. I try to come back with a couple of pairs when I visit, which keeps me going for a few years until I next find myself over there.

501’s aside, I’ve got a couple of pairs of pseudo-‘designer’ jeans from Next or Top Shop or some other high street purveyor of pretentious overpriced frippery, courtesy of the OH telling me she liked them. Can’t remember how much they were now but I very much doubt I’d have paid over 40 quid for them.

I’ve also got a couple of supermarket “value” jeans, for like four quid. I bought them for bumming around the house in, but they’re actually surprisingly good. Can’t help wonder about the ethics behind them though, they must be made in some Ethiopian sweatshop where the workers are paid in bread and beatings. Still, on the upside, comfy jeans.

chewkw
    Free Member

Maximum @ £35 (Duck & Cover) at the moment. Bought two pairs recently because those are the exact design I like which can be very difficult to find i.e. one with external pockets. Hope they will last a while.

Last year I bought a pair for @ £12.50 (Red Herring) at Debenhams.

Since I only care about the quality and design (external pockets only), I don’t care about the brand, I think I will pay maximum £40 if it will last me years but not going to pay more than that really.

🙂

higgo
    Free Member

Supermarket = food and children’s clothes.

Sorry kids.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

About £175 a few years ago for a pair of For All Mankind. Worth every penny.

warton
    Free Member

I’ve got a few pairs of selvedge denim.

most was about £160.

Try Nudie or Edwin.

disco_stu
    Free Member

i think about £40 quid on some howies jeans, i only ever buy them in the sale but they are very good jeans

trail_rat
    Free Member

i dont ever buy cheap jeans – not comfy, dont last and not my size usually – 30 waist and 34 leg …

how ever im so odd that tk maxx always throws up a few options …

currently rocking a pair of carhaarts i got from the odd box there for 12 pounds !

ericemel
    Free Member

I used to be an advocate of cheap jeans but recently was bought a pair of howies selvedge denim jeans and am 100% converted – they are so much nicer than anythign else I have owned (usually Levis form the states) – if they last like they claim, I’d buy my own next time!

DezB
    Free Member

Most comfortable jeans I’ve ever owned I’m wearing now. They are Armani. Someone who got fat gave them to me for nuffin 🙂

dizcostix
    Free Member

about 25 quid, buy my stock from mandmdirect.com at more reasonable prices for some brands

Torminalis
    Free Member

TK Maxx – got some great **** ones for about £20. Good cut, lasted ages, will try to find another pair when these ones die.

Torminalis
    Free Member

LOL, French connection UK is NOT swear filter avoidance. [Awaits banning again]

Milkie
    Free Member

£180 for Versace jeans about 10 years ago, bought with my student loan! Best pair of jeans I have ever owned, still got them, hardly worn as they are a little too small.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Technics jeans bitd. God knows how much they were, but I think it was quite a bit of “washing up at wimpy” money. 😕 I had to get them, or my global hypercolour t-shirt (orange that goes pink) would have looked stupid.

Generally about £50 now.

lockrobnkel
    Free Member

replay jeans for me ranging from 100 – 160, comfiest brand of jeans I know

AlasdairMc

£30 – Alpkit

Everything else around £20 max

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I usually buy jeans from Matalan or from a cheap shop in town. Their made from denim and are sewn together with cotton I think. They also have copper rivets too.

What are these expensive jeans that “last” made from? Titanium or something?

They probably “last” because the owners are to scared to wear them as they cost so much money.

woffle
    Free Member

Albam, Garbstore or Edwin x Margaret Howell selvedge here. I’ve found the cut etc I like so sticking to them. RRP is ridiculous on any of them but most I’ve paid is around £60 (+ an extra few ££ to get them properly tailored length-wise with union stitching)

Oggles
    Free Member

£80 for some 501s, didn’t last 3 months before the crotch wore through.
    Replaced free under guarantee, the new pair lasted about 12 months before the same thing happened 😐

Have a pair from Next (about £40) 3 years old still going strong FWIW.

rondo101
    Free Member

£125 for some diesels which i also bought with a student loan (so around 1999) and wore for years. Still in imaculate condition in my wardrobe, unfortunately I’ve put on a few lbs since uni & they’ve been unworn for the last 6 years.

I stick to levis these days – 512 bootcut are the current flavour de jour, and only £65. My oldest pair are 6 years old & still going strong.

DT – Expensive jeans that last are made from better quality denim. The Japanese are apparently the best at it, which is why evisus last so long.

andy7t2
    Free Member

wear jeans for work and usually spend 100-120 but they last me 5 years. got DKNY, two pair of gstar and some jack jones on the go but looking out for some more

simonb512
    Free Member

Did pay £90 once, were great and comfy at the time. Destoryed them shortly after by accident. Since then I usually pay around £8. :/

I currently have a problem getting jeans that fit at the moment, 33/34In waist and 27in thigh (per thigh), makes jeans hard to find that fit both around thight and waist.

36In plus belt seems to be my working cominbation at the moment.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Got some carhart 32/34s for £8 in TKMaxx last week, they’re a bit long tho so they’re going back.

Otherwise £20 in TKMaxx usually does it, probs never spent more than £35.

warton
    Free Member

Expensive jeans that last are made from better quality denim. The Japanese are apparently the best at it, which is why evisus last so long.

Same denim thread, different loom, so the weave is more durable. Evisu used to make good jeans, not anymore. I have a pair of 18 year old Evisus at home, the denim is still perfect, shame i use them for painting now!

EDIT: 8 years old, not 18!

loddrik
    Free Member

130 quid for evisu around 10 years ago. Seems crazy now though.

Gachet
    Free Member

£85 for a pair of Levis Engineered Jeans (the ones with the twisted seams and single large pocket on the back) about 5 years go. I now always wait for the sales in the Levis stores, they normally have a 50% off sale several times a year.

Flaperon

£40 in Fat Face.

About £90 for some Diesel ones years ago.

But mine mostly from TK Maxx now – decent labels and don’t pay more than £30

chakaping
    Free Member

£80ish for the Howies Warm 49s that I’m wearing now (the ones lined with brushed cotton).

Never gone over about £35 before but these were worthy every single penny. Especially with the temperature at 1 degree again today.

Got some carhart 32/34s for £8 in TKMaxx last week, they’re a bit long tho so they’re going back.

Take them to alterations place, £10 max I reckon.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘What's the most you've ever paid for…’ is closed to new replies.