Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Whats the hottest thermostat setting you've encountered today?
  • glupton1976
    Free Member

Any advances on 28C? Kinell.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Ours is often on ‘turbo’ (30) until I walk in then it’s down to about 15.
    Our house alone is causing global warming!

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Not a thermostat per se but Mrs Ming has the wood burner running flat out and its 10C outside!

“Because the flames look nice” apparently.

Patio door is open to dump some heat before me and the Sith Hound melt!

BoardinBob

30 here at the in-laws 🙁

hjghg5
    Free Member

I dread to think. It was hot when I arrived then I was told to turn the fire up 😯

cranberry
    Free Member

A real pro doesn’t need to set the stat above 25 deg (as here )*

* in a room with the radiators turned off. I’m sitting in a living room/sauna with 3 large radiators going full pelt.

giantx4
    Free Member

650 deg on the clearview thermo!… down to 350 now tho…..

elzorillo
    Free Member

Heating on full whack and the log burner raging!!!

thekingisdead
    Free Member

giantx4 – Member
    650 deg on the clearview thermo!… down to 350 now tho…..

POSTED 10 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

😯

Farenheight!?!

headfirst
    Free Member

33C inside according to thermometer here at the parents’ place. Us northerners are struggling in tropical Devon

nicko74

28.2C here, aiming for 29C, apparently. Roasting, really should’ve brought shorts.

giantx4
    Free Member

Kingsdead….yup farenheight!…. she hot baby!

druidh
    Free Member

Men are from Mars. Women are from Venus Mercury!!

toby1

Christ knows what the temperature was at the wife’s grandmothers yesterday, but my balls were sweating just sitting still! 35 ish I guess!

nbt

Log burner’s going here. Had to go and find the carbon monoxide detector (and then find a new battery for it) to make sure that the sleepy feeling is just the heat, not anything more serious

will bring in the thermometer from the kitchen to see how hot it is…

grantway
    Free Member

22c had parents round for dinner
    But we normally leave the boiler on constant at 19c
    even through the night

nbt

It’s a mere 24, according to the thermometer. I’ve had to remove my shirt and Mrs NBT is down to a single layer which doesn’t normally happen till June…

Davesport

Heating pumping out to the max, log burner maxed out….windows open to let the heat escape. Wimmin 😆

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Our dopey and soon to be retired boiler is set to 30 it will occasionally switch on but give out around 15 for an hour or so but then take a nap for a few days. New one fitted in a few weeks can’t wait to stop having to shower at the gym!

Mum and dads is a cosy 23.

GregMay
    Free Member

28 here at partners parents house. I’ve had to take off my nice new Howies lined jeans 🙁 Face melting warm.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I’ve not been out the house but I found ours at 20 deg and promptly turned it down to 16.

instanthit
    Free Member

At the in laws and had the bedroom warmed up to a sub tropical temp, will be facing another night with the window wide open and a gale blowing in from the Atlantic! Kids were stripped to their vests for dinner!

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Our room stat is turned up to 11 out of a possible 10.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Why do people feel the need to have it so hot indoors? If it was some of these temperatures outside in the sunshine in August, I’d hazard a guess that the very same people would be complaining it was too hot!

We were once guests in a house like this. The other guests were soft Aussies who couldn’t bear it even mildly cooler (and looked at me like I was dirt when I suggested putting a jumper on) and I had to leave, because I actually started feeling faint. It was too much for me.

For the record, my weather station says it’s 18.5 degrees here in the kitchen which is pretty much perfect for me.

yunki
    Free Member

our house thermo keeps resetting itself to 22.5..

I just nearly passed out with heat exhaustion but settled for vomiting on the baby instead..

NZCol

It was 29.2 yesterday, outside. First time we used our heat pump system as an air conditioner for the kids. 8mth pregnant wife was sitting in a paddling pool.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

One reason I love hosting the Christmas do is having a comfy house. Off to dad’s for new year and it’ll be 26 or more. 18 in mine 🙂

scuttler

Men are from Mars. Women are from Venus Mercury!!

Captain boring here. Venus is hotter due to its cloudy atmosphere but I only know this because my daughter was asking recently.

Closer to home mrs wanted a fire today for effect even though it wasn’t cold enough. Heatings right down though.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

The woodburner is so hot it melted my Christmas chocolate stash.

Neil-F
    Free Member

I turn it down every time I pass the thermo, its usually at about 28.I flick it down to 20.
    Its been turned up again, I’m sitting next to a radiator with cute little waterfalls pouring out my armpits.
    She’s sitting with her new 66tog housecoat on, and a pair of **** TOTES!!! 😳

nicolaisam
    Free Member

20 degrees at mine,was 22 at my parents earlier.

sambob
    Free Member

No idea, chuffing hot though. needed both the Aga and the fan oven on for a bit, had 6 people and in the kitchen and the doors shut to keep the dog in the kitchen. Felt so wrong opening the windows to cool down a bit.

MrOvershoot

PeterPoddy – Member

Why do people feel the need to have it so hot indoors? If it was some of these temperatures outside in the sunshine in August, I’d hazard a guess that the very same people would be complaining it was too hot!

For the record, my weather station says it’s 18.5 degrees here in the kitchen which is pretty much perfect for me.

We must be related, I did have to go and look @ the moon for a while to cool off after all my cooking was finished as I think it might have reached 20deg in the kitchen.
    Your spot on though as the daft clots at work complain as soon as the natural ambient temp rises above 20deg yet are quite happy to wear 4 layers and work in a room heated to 24deg

kristoff
    Free Member

Heating left at 20 degrees … Think the hallway thermostat peaked at about 24ish due to the extra heat while cooking.

Del.
    Free Member

Ours is set to ” put an effing jumper on if your cold ” ;0)

FeeFoo
    Free Member

People are comfortable at different temperatures; it’s as simple as that.

I don’t want to sit in a (for me) cold house with six layers on.

People are also intolerant no matter what the temperature. 😉

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Whats the hottest thermostat setting you've encountered today?’ is closed to new replies.